What is YOUR most rare wine?

Viscardo –

Ti supporto! Ti respetto! Siete i benvenuti qui. Gli altri si trattavano male.

That was the spirit of my post. Your English is probably better than my Italian. But this is an example of what I am saying that something gets lost in translation when we post on an Internet forum.

Bocca al lupo! [cheers.gif]

2009 MacDonald Family Cabernet. Only 22 cases produced and I think they only released about 10 cases or so.

Viscardo - myself included here, this board LOVES Italy and Italian wines, and would dearly welcome more input into most areas. If you work for a winery, own a winery or whatever is the case - spill the beans. I would love to hear more about what winery it is, the region, the fruit you use and the wines you make or sell.

Pretty sure the most rare, and tough find would be the bottles I brought back from Cassis, France in 2011. Most of the their production (and limited exports) is in dry whites, then Rose, so the Cassis rouge (Mourvedre) would be the one. Would check the producer but it’s buried deep in my cellar.

I have a 1980 Inglenook Gamay Beaujolais, I sure hope I’m the only one!

Thanks for doing that David. We all can make mistakes, but the best of us recognise them and attempt to put them right. [thumbs-up.gif]

A few bottles of Schoffit’s Pinot Gris Rangen de Thann Clos St.-Théobald SGN Larme de Lave

Larme de Lave or Tears of Lava, 100% botrytis affected grapes picked grape by grape. 4.9% alc, ~450 grams/ltr residual sugar, one small barrel made. It’s Alsace Tokaji Essencia and will last forever. My children’s children’s children could drink it. But they won’t because it will be long gone!

probably my oldest, a 1921 Rayne Vigneau sauternes. I can’t see too much of this still being around.

For more modern wines. I dunno. Maybe some rare Italian natural wine, Scholium project wines, Jura wines, or one my my GC burgundies from a producer that only had 1 barrel.

My most rare wine, I guess, is the Moselschild listed below.

1. It’s ethereally delicious
  2. You can’t buy it
  3. Very few people have heard of it (even in Germany)

I’ve heard of it (other than here)!

Well, clearly you are one of the “very few!” Congrats!

PS honestly, no sarcasm

2012 Caymus 40th anniversary

I guess that must be my oldest wine.Bottle # 005 of 250 Bodegas Toro Albala LtdMontillo-Moziles Sherry 1950 still in wooden box. This from my wife’s birth year.

Viscardo,

Welcome. Please don’t let one a$$hole make you leave. Just put him on ignore, as I did.

I’ve several Madeira which only a few dozen were bottled.
1810 Borges Sercial maybe a couple or three dozen.
1880 Barbeito MMV Malvasia, only about 50 bottles. The majority was used in the over 40 year old Mae Manuela Malvasia blend.
1870 Blandy’s Malmsey, bottled in the early 1960’s from demijohn. I’ve two bottles left. 48 total.
These totals were for the complete bottling. Who knows how many individuals bottles are left.

1992 Muller Catoir Mussbacher Eselshaut Rieslaner Trockenbeerenauslese. 50 half-bottles produced from what I’ve read. I had 2 of them. Fantastic wine.

I have nearly a case of Ultramarine - wasn’t that recently described as a unicorn wine all the NYC somms would love to taste, if only they could find it? :wink:

I have some SE Mags. Not sure of the number of these released annualy, but can’t imagine there are too many out there.

1902.JPG
I suppose this 2009 Mas Doix 1902 is my rarest wine. Bottle 186/850. Purchased at winery and signed by the wine maker.

2 double mags of 93 jj confuron rsv. Can’t find any double mags available in any vintage anywhere according to wine searcher.