What is YOUR most rare wine?

I would like to know more about the original wine posted. Is it an Italian wine by Jayer (or just a quote)?

Or some Italian/American relative named Henry?

Your post reminded me that I have a 2013 EMH Special Selection Cabernet Magnum. 1 of 48. Thank you Merrill!

And David, good for you to reach out. We all type too quickly sometimes.

This string reminds me of the old axiom: “Life is just a continuation of high school.”

Here the star is Viscardo – the (probably) well-meaning but slightly clueless exchange student who crashes the Friday-night house party, doesn’t know all the unspoken rules of the tribe, acts a bit goofy and loud, misses the intricacies of the maddening English language, all the cool and in-the-know kids have a laugh at his expense, his feathers get ruffled and he gets run out …

Not sure if the party is any better for it.

Cue some head-banging music from Metallica …

I have a magnum of 2000 Carlisle Mondeuse, which is likely the only bottle of it left in existence. Or at most, there might be one or two others somewhere, but I doubt it. It’s entirely possible there are no 750s of it left, either.

I like the question too…it’s interesting to hear what rare, obscure, and exciting wines people have laying around in their collections. Mine…is probably a Magnum of 2009 Wine Maker’s Reserve from Bartlett Estate. Or it will be rare as time continues to pass…Only 6 bottled into Magnum.

Veedercrest Johannisberger Riesling, Cask 73-74, Lake Vineyards. Thank you to whomever decided to see fit to part with this and pass over to HDH to sell. And at such a reasonable tariff!
Veedrcrest.JPG

I do wonder about this place sometimes [scratch.gif] .

A relatively new visitor asks what seems to be a fairly basic/innocuous question and the conversation seems to go off the rails in the first 10 posts?

FWIW, I would say a bottle of 1834 Barbeito Malvazia.

OK, I’ll play.
2013 Rasi Wine Company Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills, 300 bottles.

I am unable to actually tell anyone that I have a 2011 Maybach Materium… :slight_smile:

Thanks for your replies, also to those unrespectful. Wine must put people toghether, not against each other, mine was only a simple question. You want to reply? Thank you. That’s all. You don’t want reply? It’s the same. But WHY attack me?

It is possible that some of my German sweet wines were produced in smaller quantities, but my guess is that my rarest wine is 2006 Truchot MSD les Sorbes.

A very much welcome to the board Viscardo -

People with your enthusiasm are always a big addition.

The main reason many people were a bit ‘snarky’ with you is this: some of your first couple of posts were meant to educate - but they came out as ‘wine for dummies’ type of education. And most of what you were posting was just out and out wrong. Yet you posted them like they were facts.

This is a ‘snarky’ board to begin with - full of some extremely well educated wine drinkers - I’ve been in the Wine business for close to 39 years, and I still learn something new on this board every single day. So, it’s always best to sit back, remark and give out your opinions as you see fit - but just don’t expect to teach the teachers any new tricks.

Use this board to learn, not to teach or preach…

Dear Matthew,

I’m 45 years old, and I’m asking only respect from you, even because you don’t know me. WHY are you so? This is a wine forum.

Viscardo, I think what we have here is a failure to communicate ‘precisely’. Not that David needs me to pop-in here and explain but I did not see his post as trying to teach anyone a lesson, something, mind you, he most certainly can and will if asked. He has probably forgotten more about wine than most people will ever learn. That said, you should stick around a bit. There is much to learn here with little exertion of energy it almost feels like stealing. Now, please tell us about your 950 bottle wine!

Ciao, bello.

Thank you Thomas!

I dont care about them, some of them already sent me PMs with excuses. They forgot that this is a wine forum. Anyway, I thought that many of you could be interested about my country (as I’m interested to yours, the reason I wrote this innocent post), the first producer worldwide. I think that we could share some experience, thoughts, etc. etc.
It wasnt so.
No problem, but more knowledge, more contacts, more shared experience make life better. For sure.

Multiples of Premiere Napa Valley Auction wine… for the most part 60 btls are produced…

Run Viscardo, run! It’s like a high school girls clique around here. And some of them have been in high school most of their lives so they know high school! [shock.gif] [stirthepothal.gif]

Thank you Mike!

I only want to say, that there are small producers in the deep South of Italy, that are back to ancient method to make wine, following biodynamic culture. And they prefer to do good wine instead of wine easy to sell. They prefer few but pure bottles, difficult to find. And one of them represents so much, instead of other “famous” wines, that I have already drunk, dont worry I know them. And I repeat, 950 bottles are very few. Our country is smaller than California, for example.

PS: How many producer write the number on each bottle? Usually you read only the total of bottles…

Thank you Joe!

What does not kill me makes me strong! Anyway, I’ve had a heart attack 8 months ago, I know what really matter in life, they make me laugh! neener

The Domaine de la Romanee Conti puts the bottle number on each bottle. Not exactly small production.