What did you cook tonight?

Deleted.

5 Likes

Feta on it?

1 Like

Looking good, Joe…nothing beats fresh fish in Hawaii. We get out to the Big Island almost annually and love to frequent “Da Fish House” for fresh fish that the local fisherman bring in. They almost always have good looking Ono on hand and we love to prepare it lightly seared, with a dot of sriracha and some ponzu with some sliced scallions. I found a couple of pictures from a trip years ago that your post reminded me of…thanks for the memories of great fish in Hawaii.

Enjoy Kauai (not that that is difficult)!

4 Likes

If you haven’t had them, the fish tacos at Tiki Tacos right along the main drag are outrageous and so so fresh. They’re not fried…grilled and with homemade corn tortillas. Don’t miss them. 4-971 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaʻa, HI 96746

1 Like

Ono is in my top favorite fish. It’s so versatile. It can be prepped just about any way and holds up on the grill too. Too bad we don’t have them locally.

2 Likes

Talk about looking good; that is a delectable plating!

1 Like

Deleted.

1 Like

Roasted herb-crusted racks of lamb this past Monday, my contribution to a small lunch my father held at his house for a few relatives. Prepped the night before.

Wife standing beside my father at the head of the table. Uncle, aunts, father-in-law (in white), and one cousin.

5 Likes

Kevin,

Made this last week and it was an incredible hit! Actually made three batches for 12 people and it wasn’t near enough! The color alone is brilliant but the flavor is downright perfect. Thanks for the inspiration and most importantly, the recipe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh man making me look forward to the bumper crop of Sungolds that will hit in another month or two, local cantaloupe will come in at about the same time. Great!

Now I’m intrigued. Did you smoke them or buy them?

buttermilk brined (with red pepper flakes and smoked paprika)

cumin lime sous vide carrots and green beans and the grilled chicken with some chimichurri sauce

14 Likes

Deleted.

3 Likes

Not Mel Hill quality photos or plating
Grilled romaine with balsamic and olive oil
Seared tuna with tapenade
Blanched green beans steamed Yukons with a lemon vinaigrette.

4 Likes

last nights falafel with a Colorado rosé wine

5 Likes

Dry rub baby back ribs

My son foraged some chanterelles, risotto bone marrow with a chimichurri and an assortment of ribeye and filet.
Started with a salad and had asparagus as well

12 Likes

There was some leftover risotto, now goat cheese stuffed arancini cooked in the air frier. Chicken with fennel chanterelles cream sauce. Starter was gazpacho. Croutons didn’t make the photo. Bourbon and carrot cake for dessert

7 Likes

Sesame chicken and tempura onions with rice and salad with ginger carrot dressing.

4 Likes

Recipes for all of the things, please!