What did you cook tonight?

I just finished off a plate of oven-baked salmon in a soy/honey/lime glaze, pan-seared asparagus cooked in butter, and pilaf rice with my second bottle of '11 Dancer les Corbins.

[cheers.gif]

image.jpg

ground pork and green beans sichuan style.

That looks amazing.

+lots, wow…

Suzanne, do you use any particular recipe?

I used this one and added more ginger and a little oyster sauce
http://omnivorescookbook.com/szechuan-dry-fried-green-beans/

No photos, but… Pan-seared flatiron steaks (finished with a brandy sauce), saffron rice, steamed peas. Pedestrian weeknight dinner.

Not last night but the last meal I cooked that I photographed. Osso Buco

Thx.

They should use your picture instead of the one they’re using right now.

1 Like

Last night was Spring Veg Green Curry - Asparagus, Carrots, Onions, Spinach, and Shrimp over brown rice.

Steak Au Poivre, left my sauce in the pan while I plated my Wife’s and it separated on me. :frowning:

we had steak too. and roasted brussels

Those are some beautiful steaks!

My wife is from Mew Mexico and was raised in that hatch chili culture, we always have them in the freezer. Anyway I made green chili and Asiago potato soufflé to pair with whole chicken breast grilled fajita style.
If there are any chili-heads out there these were “little johns” so medium high heat.

Our Menu:

Spinach Salad

Costco prime rib cap
Butter with mashed potato and salt/pepper/heavy cream
Crisp asparagus with Cajun spices

Strawberry angel food cake with fresh whipped cream and reduced bourbon/powdered sugar

Brian - your dinner looks AMAZING! Steak au poivre is one of my favorite dishes on the planet! YUM.

Thank you blush , tonight we are going the other direction with braised short ribs.

Last night - Flannery rib cap medallion steaks. WOW - what a flavorful piece of meat…

How did you cook them, Michael? I have a couple coming during week.

Oven at 325 till internal temp made about 115. Then cast iron pan searing top, bottom and all around the sides. I might go opposite order next time. I got the 10 oz ones which is a chunk of meat. Have to have some low temp time before or after the sear.

Port Braised Short Ribs