What BEER are you drinking? (Part 1)

Really enjoyed last week’s Other Half Collabs.

Three with Monkish and one with Monkish and Trillium. Beers of the year so far!

Green Cheek Beer Co. Just Two Things : Citra / Strata, DDH DIPA 8.7% ABV. Hopped with Citra and Strata hops.I absolutely loved batch 1 of this last year and this latest iteration is even better. Big expressive nose of dank ripe tropical fruits, fleshy green melons and bright citrus with hints of the Devils Lettuce, but its what follows that puts this into the otherworldly conversation. I’m getting creamy strawberry sorbet,raspberies, sweet vanilla, tangerine juice, pineapple puree and very ripe melon that’s all wrapped around a very cool hit of ruby red grapefruit. The mouth feel is one of the best Ive had from a Green Cheek hoppy beer, its full, super soft and ultra creamy. It finishes long and dry and hides the ABV extremely well. This is next level stuff. Available in four packs at both locations.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

1 Like

A bomber of Imperial Stout left in a car trunk during summertime is a drain pour after a month correct?

Yes

1 Like

Have had mixed results with the ~20 or so bombers that I was going to flip to you (ironically enough), but backed out of when the garage fridge went out for 3 weeks over the summer at an internal temp of 80-90 degrees. Half of them have been good, with maybe a little bit of a flat taste to them, whereas the other half has been mediocre to poor, with more of an off-putting metallic/mineral flavor. Samples were across Fremont KDS, Abyss, Perennial (Sump and Abraxas) iirc.

A month in your car is probably going to suck, but I’d still try. Just make sure you have some Imodium on hand champagne.gif

Brian G r a f s t r o m , I just tried this year’s Heater Allen/Wayfinder Rauch Hell. I think it’s the best yet. Talk to your beer shop about getting it, because California is only getting about 20 cases.

2 Likes

When is that arriving in SEA?

We’re canning it on Monday, so it should show up by Friday at the latest.

2 Likes

Revolution Thundertaker. This was excellent.
8FD8B4BF-CB5A-413C-8011-916A25F58185.jpeg

Thank you for letting me know, Rick. I’ve been ultra busy recently and haven’t been living on the board like I used to, so I’m glad I checked this morning, as I’ll be in the part of town later this evening where my preferred beer shop is (and they often have some of your stuff). I’ll go take a look, and if they don’t have any in I’ll put in a request. :slight_smile:

ETA: o.k., I see it was canned only yesterday. I’ll just call them and put in a request that they order it, if they’re able, which I assume they will be, as this is the same shop where I purchased last year (or two years ago — whenever it was that I had it).

El Segundo Brewing - “Clear AF” IPA — solid, crisp, West Coastie.

and then a grip of Monkish – pretty much all fire – I am so spoiled to have this place 5 miles from home, and I continue to be thankful they made it such that they always have some cans available. flirtysmile
– Foggier Window
– Old School Players
– Le IPA
– Planets Gotta Roll
– Love Rise
– If it Fits

1 Like

Not sure who else is drinking these but damn, they’re good. Not cheap.

38D0C1C7-EDCD-4BD5-B615-985C98495645.jpeg

2 Likes

What does “not cheap” mean, Glenn?

I’m paying ~ $4.50/can I think.

Considering the prices I saw on Irish whiskey yesterday Block 15 is a relative bargain.

2 Likes

$18 for a high quality four pack seems to be worth it IMHO. I paid $27 today at North Park for a TDH’d TIPA four pack.

Cheers,

Bud

1 Like

North Park Beer Co. Temple Of Nectaron, DDH West Coast IPA, 7% ABV, hopped with Mosaic Incognito,Simcoe Cryo, and Nectaron. Beautifully clear. A killer hop trilogy delivers a very pungent aromatic nose. The palate offers nectarines, sweet ripe pineapple, blue and red berries with a big strawberry presence. Juicy and delicious on a very crisp dry platform.North Park kills the new school west coast IPA game and this is just another example.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

Block 15 is legit across the board with most everything they brew.

Cheers,

Bud

1 Like

I loved this latest batch of Old School Players, total Mosaic berry bomb ! I went back and bought another four pack ! champagne.gif

Cheers,

Bud

North Park Beer Co. Tin Full Of Hops, TDH’d TIPA. 10.1% ABV. Hopped with Citra, Citra Incognito, Freestyle Farms Nelson Sauvin, Nelson CGX,and Hallertau Blanc. Yet another incredible collaboration this time with Tin Barn Brewing. The Nelson components really shine offering dieselly grape jam, gooseberry,passion fruit, and ripe sweet pineapple.Mid palate shows sweet tangerine and strawberry sorbet on a full soft creamy body that finishes long dry and citrusy bittersweet. This drinks more like a 7.5% IPA. Beautifully balanced. Next level stuff.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

1 Like

Agreed. Monkish 4 packs are usually in the $20 - $24 range. I think that’s the going rate these days for ultra-premium hazies, and I’m fine with that, so long as I like them. :slight_smile: