What BEER are you drinking? (Part 1)

I will be in NH this coming weekend. In the middle of the state, Wolfeboro. Any breweries/beers to look out for in the area? Portland, ME in play, too, I think. Hazy and DIPA, mostly, but open to whatever is good.
Thanks.

Monkish - “Le IPA” DDH NEIPA

Maine Beer Co is near Portland. Bissell Brothers and Allagash in Portland. Novare Res is a great beer bar in Portland.

Thanks, Tim. It was last weekend - familiar with the names you mention already. But we had good local beers from Lone Wolfe and Stoneface. [cheers.gif]

What did you think of this one? I like most Monkish IPAs but was not a fan - I’m going to try another one today just to confirm but my initial impression was that it wasn’t great.

I love it, but my preferences are a bit different than the typical Monkish fan. I like single IPAs, and I like my hazies leaning crisp/hybrid, which I feel Le IPA is. It’s not a normal Monkish, imo, but I like it. :slight_smile:

25030C2E-CBAD-4A3B-945E-013C76031DA4.jpeg
Good way to start a long weekend

1 Like

And another. Stumbled on a good selection of Maine Beer Company in a supermarket — they had a few bottling I hadn’t seen before including this one. Slightly more tropical than Lunch, but equally refreshing.
377C31CF-2139-48D2-8D03-857E11EF135E.jpeg

1 Like

Firing up the smoker tomorrow to entertain some friends and got this SMS -

“On a positive note Monkish IPA and DDH DIPA coming home for the AK Grill on the 4th :facepunch:

No clue what he’s bringing but WHOOOOOHOOOOO!

1 Like

Was in SLC for work last week and Templin Family Brewing was recommended by a local colleague. He was spot on-great place with some high quality beers. A Lingonberry Berliner Weisse was just delightful on a hot day. I tried a couple more fruit Berliner Weisses and some wacky wine barrel aged beer that wasn’t just a gimmick. Recommended.

Old favorite, something new.
9A4A16CF-772A-4189-8D59-4268383C9BF9.jpeg
1A152728-6462-49D4-8C42-FE815E604F0A.jpeg

1 Like

Foggy Window is so solid.

1 Like

First Monkish beer I tried, two years back. Was a nice flashback to greatness.

2 Likes

I’ve been avoiding this thread like the plague, as beer goes straight to my ass these days.

I have officially fallen off the wagon.

Hit up Bottleworks in Seattle after winning a raffle lot to benefit a local brewer with cancer… and it was all downhill from there.
1F83BDD8-9279-4DE4-8397-5B74372B5598.jpeg
5EFACE46-1DE7-4F3B-8543-D90DC8FA98C4.jpeg

3 Likes

IPA Yucatán style…

68748FED-6E6B-4FE5-A170-3DF2E28785C6.jpeg

2 Likes

Good to see you’re back in the saddle, Doc!

1 Like

B16371A6-928A-4539-95CD-E0568B57AA6F.jpeg
Side Project Provence: Blueberry Rosehip

Two weeks and a day between tastes! Fervor is very good, tropical and mellow attack but strong lingering bitterness.

North Park Beer Co. DDH’D Fresh Hopped IPA. 7% ABV. Hopped with Galaxy, Citra Fresh Hop Cryo, Citra Lupomax, Freestyle Nelson Sauvin and Enigma. This past Friday was the 1st time since my total hip replacement surgery in May that I was able to drive down to North Park to pick up fresh cans of all their new releases, I scored a world class tri-fecta of all fresh hopped beers including this gem. This has fantastic aromatics of fresh citrus, peach, and ripe melon. The flavors offer up passion fruit, tangerine, papaya, green melons, pineapple and citrus pith. Beautifully balanced with a soft creamy body that finishes long, dry and bittersweet, zero detection of the 7%, this is great warm weather crusher. Boy these beers taste so much more explosive after a few months of no booze. Next level stuff.

Highly Recommended,

Cheers,

Bud

We have WAY too many places charging artisanal craft prices for commercially produced draught beer that’s not Coors, Miller, or Bud.

It’s effed up