Vieux chateau Certan 1998-2019: June 14th lunch tasting

I realize I have accumulated a fair amount of the wine, and I would like to taste them and see how they match up against one another. We are now two tables, which is far more than I expected.

VENUE
I plan to do this at MP Taverna in Irvington (Westchester). NY. Lunch will begin at 1:15 pm to allow people to come in on the train from Grand Central, a 40 minute rode on the Hudson line. There is currently a train that leaves GC at 12:20, but that is subject to change.

COST
I did include two magnums and based on 28 people, cost will be $495 including the lunch, tax and tip.

*PLEASE BRING GLASSWARE.

GUEST SPEAKER
Our guest speaker is John Gilman, who publishes, writes and edits the important newsletter View from the Cellar.

PARTICIPANTS

Mark Golodetz x2
John Gilman
Goodfellow x2
Robin *
Nick *
Sarah Smith
Fred H *
Bob Cunningham *
Bill x3 *
John Ehrling *
Dinesh *
David H
Rodrigo Braga *
Karl x2
Ebru
Steve McClaughin
Craig *
Joe d*
Gavin Forrest
Andrew Northrup
Marie
Neil and Ellen
Paul S

The wines

A Magnum Taittinger Comtes 2005

A Magnum Vieux Chateau Certan 1989

Vieux Chateau Certan 1998

Vieux Chateau Certan 2000

Vieux Chateau Certan 2005

Vieux Chateau Certan 2008w

Vieux Chateau Certan 2009

Vieux Chateau Certan 2014

Vieux Chateau Certan 2015

Vieux Chateau Certan 2016

Vieux Chateau Certan 2018

Vieux Chateau Certan 2019

A magnum of Warres Port 1970

3 Likes

I am interested depending on the date in May. Keep me posted!

Interested as long as the date works.

Same!

I have had a couple of pms asking for a different day rather than taking up valuable time at the weekend.

So I am looking at a Friday lunch, the best seem to be on a Friday at May 10th, May 17th or June 7th. Restaurant will be MP Taverna in Irvington, which is literally across the street from the Irvington train station, 40 minutes by train from Grand Central.

Look forward to finally meeting you.

1 Like

I am going to add June 14th, as some friend winemakers are in town, and I think it would be great to have their input.

This sounds awesome Mark. Would love to attend if there’s still room. All dates you listed work for me as of now

Updating my post. The 14th is good for me. Please count me in!

Would be happy to join June 14. I was planning to be in town that day!

What ever happened to your Monte Bello dinner? I went out and got a 1987 and a 2013 for that. VCC is OK, but it’s not a 'Merican wine.

Nobody cared for the ‘Merican wine.

1 Like

I’m in!

Would be very happy to attend.

Interested.

Please count me in Mark, thanks!

Mark, can you put me on the waitlist. will see how the location and time work out. thanks.

i have the 2010, but all the better if you source it.

I’m interested, too!

Is there is space would love to attend

We currently have more than 20 people interested. Nearer the time, I will be sending out an e mail with a Zelle address, but there are still a couple of logistical things to work out.

If we have enough people I can do a tasting for two groups, but that will mean a minimum of 24 people to make it work, and some minor adjustments in wines and price.