Vice Versa Spring Offering 23

Anyone going in? Thoughts/opinions. These guys are sensational.

I’ll be going in but how deep depends on allocation and pricing. Hoping to get a couple each of BTK and Dr. C.

1 Like

I may give it a try, above my usual price point its my first time in the list so anything I get will be through wish list

I love VV. I went deep on 19 and got a few 21s as well. Prices for SVD’s are 300 per. Mag 7 is 575 I believe? Great wines.

1 Like

I am assuming the prices aren’t coming down…

1 Like

Tempted on the mysterons and to kalon.

2 Likes

Offer open. I was only allocated BTK and Dr C which is all I was planning on buying anyway. Due to price increase will only take 2 each of the 3 each allocated. $300 per bottle seems to be the new $225 per bottle across all the wineries that make a BTK or Dr C.

2 Likes

Yeah offer is open…Definitely allocated way to many choices offered at $300 per…I’ll probably stick to just the
Dr C and the BTK …I know these are the single vineyards it’ll be interesting to see how these stack up to the Spinning Plates that was releases last year

The prices increases are hard to handle but its great stuff. In for Dr. C and BTK. Anyone get more than that allocated? If so, how long on the list?

excuse me, I got BTK and Mysterons. Not Dr. C :frowning:

You won’t be disappointed with Mysterons. I would wish list some Dr. Crane as well.

2 Likes

Have there been any reviews on these wines? $300 per bottle is tough pill to swallow for Napa Cab.

1 Like

Not to my knowledge. I did taste some from barrel. They were fantastic. I think they will rival the 19s or may be even better!

Is '21 really that damn good?

I mean $300 is a lot to swallow but if the vintage is supposedly one of the best ever (as Vice Versa claims) then I guess that justifies it.

I bought 2 of the To Kalon and one Mysterions but man this is starting to get up there.

Passed on the Magnificent 7 which is over $500 now. Is it really worth almost twice the price of the others?

2 Likes

I have never tasted the Mag 7 nor bought it when you can almost pick up two SVD’s for the price of Mag 7. That said, I tasted 21 LPV, 21 Dr Crane, and 21 To-Kalon from barrel and all were fantastic. But I loved the Dr. Crane. The To-Kalon was one of the most brooding TK’s I’ve had in a long time. Tasted magnificent. The price increase does hurt, but imo the wines are worth it.

I have allocation of To Kalon, Dr C, Mag, LPV, To Kalon Beatrix and Mysterons.

Planning to skip May 7 and out of remaining 5, pick 2 each of 3 different wines. Other than Dr C which other 2 to pick? Advice would be great.

1 Like

Vice Versa and Bella Oaks are my only real “Splurges” during the year but I certainly agree $300 per is a tough pill to swallow…Not sure how long it would be sustainable

1 Like

I wishlisted 1x Dr C and 1x To Kalon hopefully I will get them but it will be my splurge of the year by a big margin

I would pick Mysterons and To Kalon. I didn’t get to taste Mysterons since it was a blend but the 19 was the best wine of VV I’ve ever had. Heard 21 is as good or better. The 21 To Kalon is one of the best TK’s I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

300 is tough. But if you only have 1 or 2 of these splurges a year, this is definitely a good one!

1 Like