Top 10 Producers in your cellar?

Has that been your experience with the 2013s? If so, was it any bottling in particular? I have just a couple of bottles of 2013 Pora, but PdB is by far the most abundant producer in my cellar. Most of what I have consumed though is 1983 and older, or 2014 and younger.

1 Like

I have only had it with 2 bottles of 2013 Riservas (don’t recall the cru), but a friend of mine who bought from the same batch also had issues. I have not had the same issues with younger bottles (2014 and 2015), and don’t have older ones. The bottles were bought from the Belgian importer. When I checked cellartracker, it didn’t seem like a common problem.

I have read a couple of times that these bottles don’t hold as long as they did historically, but that’s just hearsay, and I just wanted to hear from someone with more experience than I have.

So I’d say my experience is anecdotal at best.

Edit: some references to oxidised Produtorri 2013s here so not that uncommon @Joseph_Grassa ?

1 Like

I am very curious about this. This seems to be the thinking in general. I have loved the older PdB that I have had and I am very fond of 1967 Nebbiolo in general. I wasn’t even born then, so I have no idea how the 67s tasted when they were young, but I do find plenty of similarities between 2016 and 1967, much more so than say 71 or 78. My hopes are that the 2016 has similar longevity, but only time will tell!

No surprises here! The below in combo represent about 30% of cellar and top 10!

Sociando
Lanessan
Cantemerle
Grand-Puy-Lacoste
Baudry
Thivin
Olga Rafflault
Coudert Fleuri
Produttori