Château Magdelaine 2.3% 4.2%
Hofgut Falkenstein 2.3% 0.5%
Domaine Gramenon 2.3% 1.6%
Domaine Ghislaine Barthod 2.2% 2.9%
Domaine Bernard Baudry 2.1% 0.6%
Hubert Lignier 2.1% 6.2%
Domaine Marquis d’Angerville 2.0% 3.9%
G.D. Vajra 1.9% 1.2%

There is a natural breakpoint in quantity after Vajra. There are some notable changes in my list. I have gone hard after Collier, Magdelaine, Sandri (which became available in my market), and Gramenon (almost exclusively Mémé). I no longer get allocations of M-G or Clos Rougeard as they have changed importers. I passed on my 2021 Lignier allocation due to price (it wasn’t much anyway), but had continued to take my allocations of that, Barthod, and Brovia coming through Rosenthal channels as well as Vajra and D’Angerville coming through their channels (although D’Angerville has been shrinking dramatically). Slowed my purchases of Baudry, Falkenstein, and C&G because of consumption patterns. Boillot because of inconsistent results cellaring and supply changes in my market. I’ve also drastically slowed my purchases overall and am currently in negative territory for consumed - purchases for Q1 2024.

4 Likes

I am glad you approve, because your cellar is my dream cellar. It means I am not making bad choices

1 Like

Goodfellow
Riverain
Kobayashi
Patricia Green Cellars
Becklyn Cellars
Il Poggione
Produttori Del Barbaresco
Chateau Fleur Cardinale
Ultramarine
Chateau Lafite Rothschild

I’ve been debating going fairly deep on the upcoming bordeaux vintages (if they’re good) and backfilling where I can. I’ve really enjoyed some of the white bordeaux I’ve had recently and would really, really like to get more right bank backfilled as opposed to the smattering of bottles I have here and there.

Joh. Jos. Prüm 5.3%
Dönnhoff 3.8%
Dr. Loosen 2.8%
Willi Schaefer 2.7%
Bouchard Père et Fils 2.6%
Dom Pérignon 2.5%
Von Schubert 2.4%
Paul Pillot 2.1%
Domaine des Comtes Lafon 2.0%
Alain Hudelot-Noëllat 2.0%

My top 8. I don’t have all my wine on cellar tracker so it might not be the most accurate.

Joseph Phelps 8.1%
Goodfellow Family Cellars 5.8%
Vice Versa 5.4%
Kinsman Eades 5.1%
Eisele Vineyard 4.9%
Rivers-Marie 4.7%
Di Costanzo 4.0
Beta 3.2%

3 Likes

I would have figured my mix was different…Certainly makes me look at purchases

Bedrock 8.8%
Rivers Marie 7.3%
Alban 3.6%
QC 3.5%
Walter Scott 2.3%
Force Majeure 2.2%
Caterwaul 2.2%
Maybach 2.2%
Di Costanzo 2.0%
Vice Versa 2.0%

2 Likes

My list (for now):

• Altesino (3.8%);
  • Mastroberardino (3.8%);
  • Leoville Poyferre (3.7);
  • Il Poggione (3.5%);
  • Paolo Scavino (3.0%);
  • Elderton (2.9%);
  • G.D. Vajra (2.6%);
  • Chateau Canon (2.6%);
  • La Rogerie (1.9%);
  • Chateau Barde Haut (1.9%).

I can foresee a few changes over the next year or two with Barde Haut dropping off (the price increases are seemingly making less sense for them) and other wineries (in addition to Altos Las Hormigas) like Tenuta Argentiera, Castello dei Rampolla and Fontodi (maybe also Standish) making their way up. G.D. Vajra will also surely make more of a climb.

Elderton is a bit of an odd ball in the list but I buy a case in every strong vintage given its one of the most profound wine drinking memories I have shared with my father.

FEBRUARY 2013

1. Venge
  2. Zepaltas
  3. Siduri/Novy
  4. Surh Luchtel
  5. Williams Selyem
  6. Rivers-Marie
  7. Bedrock
  8. Grochau
  9. Rhys
  10. Matello

APRIL 2024 (I am less than 48 hours from moving to Oregon so this will change.)

1. Venge
  2. Siduri
  3. Maison Harbour
  4. Vincent
  5. Helioterra
  6. Williams Selyem
  7. Brooks
  8. Bedrock
  9. Rivers-Marie
  10. Zepaltas
1 Like
  1. Pontet Canet
  2. Leoville Poyferre
  3. Littorai
  4. Kosta Browne/Cirq
  5. Seven Stones
  6. MacDonald
  7. Leoville Barton
  8. Beausejour Duffau Lagorrosse
  9. Beaucastel
  10. Terre et Sang
4 Likes
  1. Ridge
  2. Realm
  3. R. Lopez de Heredia
  4. Fait-Main
  5. Thomas
  6. Produttori
  7. Pontet Canet
  8. Vallana
  9. Vajra
  10. Rivers Marie
2 Likes
  1. Maurizio Alongi
  2. Pierre Brigandat
  3. Dominique Laurent
  4. Castello di Ama
  5. Comte Armand
  6. Hubert Lignier
  7. Bruno Giacosa
  8. Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé
  9. Château Léoville Las Cases
  10. Bodegas Vega-Sicilia
1 Like

There are not a lot of talk about Sandri here, so fun to see you have decided to go all in!

Had an absolutely amazing 2012 Perno Riserva from Sandri not long ago. Very excited about the wines.

2 Likes

Wish I’d posted on this thread before to see how things have changed. I suspect these pretty much turn over every 5 years or so as my preferences change.

Produttori dei Barbaresco 5.8%
La Ca’Nova 3.1%
Fratelli Alessandria 3.0%
GD Vajra 2.0%
Marcel Lapierre 1.9%
Clos Rougeard 1.6%
Hubert Lamy 1.5%
Berthaut Gerbet 1.4%
Didier Fornerol 1.3%
Ca’Del Baio 1.2%

The next 10 are more of the same, Piedmont and Burgundy with Walter Scott and Bedrock being the only 2 domestics sneaking into the top 20.

1 Like

Martin, with the experience you have with Produttori, have you come across any wines after 2010 that have matured too quickly? I am in particular thinking about some 2013 crus. Thanks!

Hi Josef
No, haven’t had that experience with any wines from Produttori, neither with ones bought in Italy and enjoyed at home or with any bottles drunk in Piemonte. But my experience with any wines from after 2010 is limited to maybe 10-15 bottles from various vintages.

1 Like

Has that been your experience with the 2013s? If so, was it any bottling in particular? I have just a couple of bottles of 2013 Pora, but PdB is by far the most abundant producer in my cellar. Most of what I have consumed though is 1983 and older, or 2014 and younger.

1 Like

I have only had it with 2 bottles of 2013 Riservas (don’t recall the cru), but a friend of mine who bought from the same batch also had issues. I have not had the same issues with younger bottles (2014 and 2015), and don’t have older ones. The bottles were bought from the Belgian importer. When I checked cellartracker, it didn’t seem like a common problem.

I have read a couple of times that these bottles don’t hold as long as they did historically, but that’s just hearsay, and I just wanted to hear from someone with more experience than I have.

So I’d say my experience is anecdotal at best.

Edit: some references to oxidised Produtorri 2013s here so not that uncommon @Joseph_Grassa ?

1 Like

I am very curious about this. This seems to be the thinking in general. I have loved the older PdB that I have had and I am very fond of 1967 Nebbiolo in general. I wasn’t even born then, so I have no idea how the 67s tasted when they were young, but I do find plenty of similarities between 2016 and 1967, much more so than say 71 or 78. My hopes are that the 2016 has similar longevity, but only time will tell!

No surprises here! The below in combo represent about 30% of cellar and top 10!

Sociando
Lanessan
Cantemerle
Grand-Puy-Lacoste
Baudry
Thivin
Olga Rafflault
Coudert Fleuri
Produttori