Toast! Before You Drink Gummies - Say Yes To One More Glass - Wine Berserkers ongoing 2023 discount

Enjoy One More Glass (And Don’t Regret It Tomorrow)
When You Toast! Before You Drink

Hey WB Fam, I’m so excited to be back with you all again! I’m Sean, the founder at Toast!, and the inventor of the Before You Drink Gummy. Not familiar? Well, powered by the latest in clinical science, our Before You Drink Gummies use natural ingredients like matcha green tea and prickly pear to help restore key nutrients and support your liver so you can say “yes” to one more glass! We launched back in 2020, and we’ve predominantly been an internet based company since that time (for reasons that you can probably guess)…but we’ve started to launch into retail so you may find us in your favorite liquor, grocery, or wine shop soon!

How Do Before You Drink Gummies Work?

Take one serving, 5 gummies, before you have your first glass (pro tip: keep a carton or a party pouch by your wine rack or decanter). Already begun tasting? Don’t worry, you can still take our gummies at any point in the evening, although we do recommend you take them…Before You Drink, if you can.

Every pack of Before You Drink gummies contains 2 servings of gummies, so you can always share, and if you’re having a big occasion, you can take that second serving yourself for added support! Drinking solo on a regular night? Just fold down the pouch and save the other serving for later. Or you can opt for our resealable Party Pouch which holds 8 servings of gummies.

Interested in the science behind our gummies? Check out this article written by our scientific advisor, Dr. Joris Verster!

Toast! To Berserker Day 14
Sadly Berserker Day has come and gone…but fear not, we’ve still got an exclusive discount for the Wine Berserker Community! Just use code “Berserk15” and get 15% off on our Before You Drink Gummies!

Background

I started Toast! after I was erroneously diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. As it turned out, my liver was fine (my spleen wasn’t so lucky), but it took months to discover that, and my doctors were stumped in the interim. Looking for answers, I started researching how alcohol affects the human body, and came across a wealth of clinical studies from the past decade showing how natural ingredients like milk thistle, green tea, and prickly pear all could help support the liver and an alcohol consumer’s health. Some like prickly pear even showed the ability to help reduce or prevent a hangover!

After I got healthy, I started a MBA program at Babson College with a majority international class, many coming from countries where taking something prior to drinking was common. So I enlisted some of my classmates as guinea pigs, and started testing out some of what I’d found in clinical research, and from the very first tests people told me I was onto something. But there was a problem. Everything was pills and powders. It smelled weird. It tasted weird. It looked weird. It seemed more like taking medicine or preparing for some kind of cleanse than getting ready to go out and have a good time.

So one day, I made gummies. Just Jello with my special formulation added in. I brought those gummies out to a bar, and before I could even finish saying “you know that product I’ve been working on”, people were already grabbing and munching down the gummies. That’s the day Toast! and the Before You Drink Gummy were born. I later partnered with Dr. Joris Verster, the leading authority on alcohol hangover and the author of much of the research that had inspired me in the first place, to help refine my formula, and then partnered with an American candymaker to create a truly candy quality gummy bear.

Full Disclosure: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Before You Drink Gummies will neither reduce nor prevent alcohol intoxication. You’re a grown up. Please drink responsibly.

Our gummies are not candy and should be kept from the reach of children.

Can you explicitly tell us what these gummies are supposed to do? Your post above says that they don’t prevent intoxication. But neither your post nor your website (as far as I can tell) actually say what they are supposed to do. (Frankly, that seems like a red flag to me.) Are you saying that these gummies are a hangover cure? How are they supposed to benefit the person who eats them? Why should I buy them? I’d appreciate any clarification you can provide. Thanks.

They seem to attenuate the effect of hangovers; they work quite well in my experience.

3 Likes

Not cure, but assistance. One of the main causes of hangovers is dehydration. Also when alcohol is broken down to sugar by your liver, one of the byproducts is acetaldehyde. If you can support your body in these areas, the effects can be lessened.

Certain compounds I know about are L-Cystiene, thiamine, vitamin-C. They also support your liver for long term inflammation and cholesterol issues. No idea if these are in Toast as I’ve never used it. But I use a pill designed for essentially the same thing.

I’ve done a bit of studying on all this myself, but I’m neither a doctor nor qualified to offer any advice on the matter.

I think toast has n-acetylcysteine as well.

A combination of these and electrolyte powder is remarkably effective. We tested them out in Miami over a crazy weekend and they were very effective.

1 Like

If you’re interested in the science @Andrew_K , I really recommend you read this piece our scientific advisor Dr. Verster wrote. It’s a great summation of the current research on the pathology of hangover, and what has been shown potentially effective in mitigation thereof.

To answer your question @Charles_Perry , the gummies are designed to provide key nutrients and support your liver when you consume alcohol. As a dietary supplement maker, we cannot make any claims about curing, preventing, diagnosing, or treating any disease or “disease condition”, a fairly undefined term that can cover everything from sleep problems (because they might result from insomnia, which is a “disease condition”) to hangovers. Unfortunately a lot of companies and products flout this rule and make all kinds of claims they aren’t supposed to legally, but I don’t believe in that.

Now, having said that, I can tell you about some of the ingredients we use, and a lot of this is covered in that same piece I linked above by Dr. Verster. But, for example, prickly pear was found in a 2004 study to help reduce hangover symptoms.. Similarly, our scientific advisor Dr. Joris Verster found that niacin and zinc had a significant effect on reducing hangover symptoms.. L-Cysteine was also found effective in one study, although Dr. Verster reviewed their data and found that the statistical significance did not hold up when a different statistical measure was applied.. Other ingredients like milk thistle, thiamin, and green tea have all had a significant number of studies performed about their benefits for alcohol consumers (predominantly due to their anti-inflammatory effects). Now, while all those ingredients are in our gummies, we can’t claim any of those benefits because those studies were just of the ingredient, not of our product specifically. That said, in developing our formulation, we’ve based everything on the latest research and done quite a lot of testing.

As a final note on this subject, we are looking at running a clinical trial of our gummies this year that would allow us to make claims. We haven’t been able to do one yet because they’re rather pricy, but it’s looking like we may finally have the budget to make it happen this year, so stay tuned…and of course, every order we get from things like Berserker Day make running a study like that all the more possible!

2 Likes

If anyone has any questions, I will be around!

I bought these last year, reupped again this year with the 24 serving deal. I think they have a positive effect! One night I also passed out to friends and the next day they agreed that it may have helped. Maybe it’s a placebo effect but it certainly doesn’t make anything worse. I think they taste good too!

In for the party pouches. Worth trying to protect the innards of your machine while you lube yourself up with the good stuff, lol!

1 Like

I ordered them last year. Trust me, they work. I just ordered more.

Below is my review from May.

As you see, I didn’t like the taste. So, I am very excited to see that a better tasting version is coming soon. I still got more anyway.

I’m excited too…I’m supposed to get some initial samples of our newest version tonight! :partying_face:

In for a party pouch. Excited to give these a try

1 Like

In to give this a try as well. I’ve used similar products with varying degrees of success, so I’m interested to see how well this one works. Also, as a Babson M’08 grad, it’s always interesting to see what my fellow alums are coming up with.

I look forward to hearing what you think @Liz_Switzer , @ABell , and @TomC !

P.S. Tom, we’ll just have to look past what Roger Babson would think of all this, given the whole prohibitionist thing…

2 Likes

I think these helped last year. Reupping :slight_smile:

1 Like

For anyone who missed it the WB14 offer (which will get removed tomorrow), we’ll have a coupon for the Berserker community that we’ll add to the post that you can use anytime this year!

One other quick note: all our gummies are good through at least August 2023. You should receive an insert with your shipment if your pouches erroneously list January, but if you don’t get that insert, don’t worry, your gummies are good for more than 6 months from now!

Hey WB folks, I thought you might be interested to know that our new gummies are now available. These new gummies have a ton of upgrades; no more high fructose corn syrup, an even stronger active formula, a reduction from 5 gummies to 3 gummies per serving, they’re unmeltable, super portable, just a big improvement.

We literally just launched the listing last week, so the gummies are currently $10 off their normal price as part of our special launch pricing. In addition, for the Wine Berserker community we’ve put together an additional 20% discount, just add the code 20berserk in the “Payment Method” portion of Amazon’s checkout for 20% off your order!

P.S. That discount is good through Christmas, so make sure you’re stocked up for the holidays and NYE!

image (10)

2 Likes

Thanks very much Sean! I missed grabbing them on the initial email launch so very much appreciate the WB discount. Looking forward to trying the new formulation.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 Like