TN: 2020 Keller „von der Fels“ - Holy moly!

Saw WS-Pro alerts for 2020 Von Der Fels at Plucky’s and Leon & Son this morning and both are already sold out. Yowser…

I don’t want to spoil the party, but I had my first bottle (from the winery) and it’s pretty good for sure but not exceptional IMHO. Given the price in Europe it’s a pretty good QPR, especially relative to the retail prices of the Keller GGs. At US$50+ I’d be doubtful though. YMMV of course :grinning:

Same. W-S alerts are always a day late on wines that sell out immediately. Nature of the batch.

I agree. At 50US$ i would not buy them.

For those in the US looking for the 2020 von der Fels, Parcelle in NY has them up on their site

$55…no thanks…

Steep pricing for sure, but figured I’d throw it out here for those interested. Even at that price, I suspect there’s still many takers

I should get a case when it’s in, but may hold off if we can’t sell it at $50 or below.

In case people are still looking, there’s some available at MacArthur: MacArthur Beverages Fine Wine & Spirits. MacArthur Beverages

Not anymore [snort.gif]

Did you buy them all?

There were only three left

Leave no lose ends [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Two or three bottles of this over the summer holiday. It’s actually OK. On the other hand, purely hypothetically, if someone said to me that invoking universally venerated divinities such as “cow” or “moly” on account of this wine sounds perhaps just a little eager, I think I would have little choice but to politely agree.

1 Like

I have just opened a bottle and can confirm the subject line on this thread is appropriate.

3 Likes

Seems like a poll is needed on the moly aspect😀

One person’s ‘holy moly!’ may be another’s “meh.”

Tastes are subjective, and that’s ok. There’s no right answer in one’s wine preferences.

I see, Keith saved my ass. haha

Despite being a confirmed Keller-skeptic, I bought some of this to give it another shot. At the end of last week I found some Keller Scheurebe Kabinett for sale. That was a no-brainer for Scheu!

Actually I had it down as “holy fluckschkittles” but on reflection adjudged “holy moly” as “mostly true” on the fact check meter.

4 Likes