TN: 2020 Keller „von der Fels“ - Holy moly!

Congratulation on your marriage. I am re-allocating budget normally reserved for BDX and Burg to 2019 German wines. There are alot of exciting wines in this vintage that I want to pick up (things like the new Robert Weil super Riesling “Monte Vacano” and then auction only releases…). 2018/2019/2020 back purchases make sense because 2021 will likely not be very good. Plus it is only a matter of time before the prices inflate for German wine… in fact, that inflation is already starting.

Be careful with such predictions. Its much too early to make such assumptions. Winemaking is a marathon-run. AND

abgerechnet wird am Schluss.

Smart move. I’m still working on backfilling our wedding anniversary vintage (2015).

Up for a grand riesling tasting in 15-20 years? neener

Point taken… But it got off to a rough start this year… no doubt.

Has this wine hit the states yet? Just spoke with someone at Verve wine in NYC that the 2020’s have already come and gone or been allocated to Restaurants.

I haven’t seen any offers other than for the 2020 Limestone wines

My local retailer only has the 2020 Limestone as well.

I just grabbed the last two Trocken Verve had. VDF sold out last week apparently.

“All the 2020 von der Fels needs is time. But man, is it tasty already. Probably the best one yet, but I say that every year. Wunderbar, just wunderbar!”

My friend Carlo from Copenhagen opened a 2020 von der Fels tonight and confirmed my impressions how beautiful this 2020 is already from the start.

• 2020 Weingut Keller Riesling von der Fels - Germany, Rheinhessen (06/07/2021)
    First bottle of this, has a bit of heft than the 2019 at the same time, contrary to the general vintage styles, a more powerful blend in this anniversary year maybe, a really fine driven mineral style, light orchard fruits and so drinkable despite the increased power, as always punches above its weight, even moreso this time.

1 Like

Very excited to try. Was just able to snag a six pack in the states.

Mind PMing me the retailer? Would love to grab some if still available

Same. It’s hard to get now. Thanks!

Really. Most European retailers haven’t offered it because allocations haven’t been fully determined.

It could be it’s not here yet but the Limestone and some others are.

None of which constrains FOMO. :slight_smile:

Von der Fels not yet arrived in the U.S. Should be arriving soon.

1 Like

Guessing it is going to be about $50/bottle??

Here in Germany last saturday the wine merchant Pinard de Picard offered von der Fels for 22 Euro to the German public. My bottle was from the estate.

1 Like

I have seen offers out since a 2-3 weeks at least. Some must have gotten the allocation, however the price have been above the 22eur level in Germany incl. one with a well bumped up price (above or around 30-ish).

I paid 26 euro in Denmark.