Tn: 2016 Jean Foillard Morgon Côte du Py

I enjoyed the’17’s a little more than the’16’s (perhaps even more then the’14s) my preference would be for the Eponym bottling, it has a real elegance and drive to it that I didn’t see in the corcelette/cote du py.

Seen the 2015 Athanor around?

Thanks! I have six mags of the 2013 for some strange reason, so I’m happy to hear that.

Not yet, and am not especially chasing 2015s to be honest, having bought those that excited me and forgotten about them in the cellar. Indeed, in that genre I’m a bit apprehensive about my 10 days of tasting 2018s that’s coming up in June. Have heard tell of some monster wines.

May I ask folks what is the oldest Foillards they have tasted, and how did they think they showed?

If your going to drink bojo…this is the one

Not old by any stretch, but I had the 2009 yesterday. It was OK, but nearly a decade in the cellar had not brought any nuances.

Thanks, David. I had a 2005 Lapierre Morgon last fall. I found it wonderful, but very different. My father, who is a big Gamay fan, did not like it very much.

i had a 2005 foillard fleurie which was awesome (drank somewhere around 12 years in bottle). it definitely was very pinot like and resembled more of an aged burgundy experience than drinking a gamay. no signs of being tired or decline.

thx!

I’ve seen the 2015 Athanor sitting on shelves at multiple retailers for a while around me. I have flirted with the idea of giving one a try but I prefer more “classic” or cooler vintages and the Athanor is listed at 15.5% alc…I’ve still yet to find a single tasting note on this wine and for double the price of the Py and Corcelette it’s been a pass for me.