TN: 2010 Louis Jadot Corton-Pougets Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot

• 2010 Louis Jadot Corton-Pougets Domaine des Héritiers Louis Jadot - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton Grand Cru (4/13/2015)
    This is VERY good. I know some don’t like Corton but you should. The value here is really something else.
    This is sexy. Red fruited. Exotic. Long on the finish. I can’t say this is the best ever Corton Pougets because I haven’t tasted enough of
    them but this is darn good. A+

Posted from CellarTracker

In my (relatively limited) experience, I’ve found Jadot’s Corton-Pougets to be one of the very best values in the entire wine world.

Isn’t this almost 20 years early :slight_smile:

Yes, and no. Jadot’s Corton Pougets is not typical Corton.

Not sure but I have had the Pougets from the 90s and they were not ready (95, 96, 97, as well the 00). That was about 5 years ago so maybe they have come around. Do you think the Jadot is more approachable when young? Didn’t mean to be too flippant.

This one is very approachable young but not showing the complexity of age.

Don,

Thanks for the note - I need to try this wine. My experience with other '10 Cortons (Bouchard’s Le Corton and Faiveley"s Clos des Cortons) is similar, they are great drinking wines today, still young, but no signs of closing down.

How does Jadot’s Corton Pougets compare to the Corton Grèves?

Best Pougets I’ve ever had from them (or anyone else), and this is a wine I buy every year.

Thanks for the note. I have a decent amount of Corton and some of Jadot’s Pougets, but do not have the 2010 Pougets. Sounds like a mistake.

2010 was atypical vintage, berries were small and many did not have the seeds which made wines more approachable in it’s youth.

Two completely different wines grown on completely different soils and exposures. I always find Greves much more structured and in need of much more time to be approachable and more red fruited and brighter then Pougets. Both are great wines and I agree about them being the best values in Burgundy, they cost less than village wines from better producers in CdN but patience is required.

Thanks for the note, I actually picked up a case of this last year without ever tasted a Corton before. I am a believer of Corton now after 2 amazing bottles of 1993 Chandon de Briailles Corton Bressandes over the last two weeks. For people who are experience in Corton, any other recommendations? Any other older vintages that I should look out for?

This was one of the best '14s I tasted from barrel against other wines in that price range.

Somehow, I managed to get two bottles of the 1990 on release and lose them for years. I had one in about 2006 and it was excellent and the other in 2011 and it was better.

Sounds about what I would expect. The only Corton I found approachable but still primary was Dubreuil-Fontaine Bressandes from 99. Perhaps I don’t have enough experience on the different lieux-dits of Corton, but almost all that I have had ('90 forward) have been way too young - tannins too much to fore, and still primary fruit. The Jadot-Pougets I have found to be a bit monolithic when young, although with nice fruit, and gaining in complexity as they age. Glad to hear that the '10 was approachable. I find '10s approachable in general from Burgundy.

Snap. I recently tasted the '14 of this in barrel at Jadot and it was palate coating and excellent. Our bottle tasting actually finished at Jadot with the '06 of this cuvée. It was very good, but not yet ready of course.

Thanks for your note Don.

Best, Howard

I believe that Jadot Corton-Pougets is grown side by side to to their Corton Charlemagne and could be classified as such if it was planted to Chardonnay. Basically it’s a Red Corton Charlemagne, if I’m not mistaken.

Jadot made great '10’s.

The '09 version is also outstanding. I could say that about many vintages of this wine but at least 2009 is recent enough to permit backfilling without fear of much better storage damage.

[scratch.gif]

Who doesn’t like Corton?

Agreed that this wine is a great value.