TN: 2010 Charles Joguet Chinon Clos de la Dioterie

@Chris_Kissack What a fascinating post. Really enjoyed reading about your take on Joguet history. Thank you sir!

@Robert.A.Jr crack me up every time. Never dissapoint me. You were the one who opened the Loire door for me so I’m always appreciative of your tasting notes and other posts.

Have you gents had the 2010 Joguet Clos du Chêne Vert lately by any chance? I know it’s probably still very young, but was curious where it was at this stage.

2 Likes

I’ve seen the '05 Dioterie come across auction blocks a couple times in the past few months. I was initially tempted, but too many CT commentators had thoughts/feelings that mirror A1fert’s, so I passed.

@Chris thanks for the historical context, very rich!

Re 05s, opened an 05 within the last few months after opening one in '19 and agree that it’s bruising but approachable with air. Best sips were the last.

I have a buddy who has a bit of an Alfert palate (is this a thing?) slated to visit and I’m going to open it for him. Will report back then.

1 Like

Haha, not a good thing!

Can’t wait to see those notes!

Just saw prise for mature bottles of this wine. Wow
https://www.mesvendanges.com/fr/les-domaines/joguet-dne-charles/

That is truly insane, and I have a hard time believing that that is representative of the real market

1 Like

Old Joguet have seen an uptick on the market and they’re tougher to get but these prices for the 89 are insane.

Idealwine trends for 88-89-90:

1 Like

It was fun while it lasted. Sigh.

Here’s hoping Joguet remains an outlier and that the other producers in the region stay somewhat reasonable.

Agree - no way representative. I bought 3x 2010’s at auction a few months ago for $60/each.

1 Like

Old, premium vintage Joguet has been going for steep prices for many years now. I remember noticing it on K&L pre-pandemic. I couldn’t believe the bidding wars over things like 89/90 Dioterie. The '89 is one of my very greatest wine memories. Its wild because you rarely see it talked up that way but the auction hammers don’t lie.

EDIT: I just noticed the specificity of Phil’s post to what I was referring to. Looks completely in line with what I was seeing. I remember that spiking. Crazy to see its gotten even worse.

Sounds about right:

But it’s the 1989 we’re talking about here.

Any thoughts on the 14 dioterie and chene vert? Managed to frab some mags of each recently at what I thought were good prices!

LOL!! Yyyyyyeaaaahhhh … good luck with those prices! If I’m wrong, and that’s actually the going rate for Joguet of that age, then color me amazed and help me reattach my lower jaw to the upper.

Eh, I’ll pass at those prices. I have the same view on Breton fwiw.

I still have some 05 and 10 Joguet in storage, and love them, but not that much! I doubt I will elevate it to that value, unless, of course we are talking about the unicorn Franc de Pied bottles!

Those prices surely are outliers…

Just now seeing this…Thx for TOFTT…I have one, but wasn’t sure when to pop