TN: 2008 Pierre Moncuit Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut Millésimé

2008 Pierre Moncuit Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut Millésimé - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (1/10/2023)
This is ABSOLUTE Champagne to me...has that leesy biscuit bread dough...apple and pear fruits brightened up with a laser beam of lemon squeeze...calmed with a ginger marsala mousse...balanced to perfection with an almond liqueur dosage, and crushed stones salinity...the 7g/l dos is perfect with the high toned 2008 100% Chard fruit...pretty white flowers florals...and the price point makes me giddy as all get out! (95 points)

Posted from CellarTracker

5 Likes

I’ve always loved their NV, especially for the price. Excited to try these 2008s when they arrive.

1 Like

been pounding the EB 2008 and touting it far and wide. Bet the Brut is great, too. Glad you liked. Thanks

I had the Extra Brut version last week. TN here. As expected, leaner than your description. I liked it, but suspect I’d prefer the Brut.

2 Likes

Yeah I really like the dos here…I could see this really screeching in EB.

1 Like

STFU. This has been a massive value play in Champagne, and now you ruin it for everyone!

jk obviously, but this is some good sh*t!

2 Likes

2012 out now for $60

2 Likes

Alan - your descriptions of the EB certainly haven’t seemed screechy. For your palate, how lean does this come across to you? I have a case of the EB in storage, but considering whether to get some Brut as well.

1 Like

Where?

3 Likes

not at all. It’s delicious and Jerry Hey agrees, though he can speak for himself. Some day I’ll do a side by side, as I have both.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s exactly what I wanted to know. If you and Jerry approve, I likely will, too.

Do you folks think this sparkler will age well?

I’d have no doubt.

2 Likes

Honest question: do any well made champagnes with a little dosage not age well? I don’t mean certain vintages which have been letdowns, I’m talking generally.

I’m also not saying anything about zero dosage champagnes not aging well, just specifying the parameters of my question.

@B_Buzzini which disgorgement was this? I just got a box each of the Brut and Extra Brut that I ordered around June of last year and haven’t opened any. I’m curious if I have a different batch or not.

Cheers,
fred

I don’t see a DG date?

I couldn’t find one on either the Brut or Extra Brut.

An absolute bargain for $85. Already gone through a 6-pack. Most of the Binnys have this languishing on their shelves…in the words of an old hero…“I know nothing…”.

1 Like

Where the hell ya been Steve? $85 a bargain…then $34 was grand theft?!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Shhh…and stay away from the Willowbrook Binny’s, that’s my secret stash!

3 Likes