The Official Screaming Eagle Waitlist Thread

Let’s just say I’m not holding my breath here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Galloni just said…“Its one of the best wines of this very challenging and unique year. My report on Napa 2020 and 2021 is coming soon. So much to talk about…”

I actually thought they weren’t releasing a 2020, but I guess they picked right as the fires were just starting, and sorted out some great fruit.

And yes…we drink the stuff! Was going to bring a 2010 to Carmel a couple weekends ago to celebrate my wife’s bday…but that damn C-vid hit me! Will make it up to her…

2 Likes

I wonder how fast the wait list would clear if everyone had to keep and drink what they bought. What’s funny about SE is they seem to tolerate and even encourage flippers. At least places like DRC keep tabs on the auction market and will reduce or eliminate future allocations when they see quick flipping.

1 Like

SE does? How? I have heard/read they boot flippers.

1 Like

Clearly one of the rare list members. Kudos to you :cheers:

1 Like

I was thrown off the list for flipping

3 Likes

I’ve heard from a reliable source in the valley that numerous 3 packs are shipped directly to WineBid. I’m pretty sure SE knows what’s at that address.

2 Likes

We drink ours. We use some for charity dinners at our home, drink some with friends, and once in awhile, open one just for the two of us.

1 Like

I looked at this vs my life expectancy, my life expectancy won.

1 Like

Always good to here about the exceptions. I’m mostly referring to those on the list who post about being on the list

1 Like

How’s Last bottle getting their marathon bottles?

plenty of folks drink, and some sell obviously, and they have absolutely kicked people off that i know. I Popped an 01 last year and it was spectacular

1 Like

I can say that I would 100% drink the Sauv Blanc at list price, based on my one experience with it.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s all about the flex

1 Like

I know you would Pat. I know you would

1 Like

What is the winery direct price of the sauvignon blanc?

Talk about shipping gouging…$84 to ship 3 bottles 2hrs away! :flushed:

2 Likes

$1950 per box of 3 for Screaming Eagle Sav Blanc.

Take your chopper to pick up in person?

1 Like

It would be fairly easy to test that rumor - the week after the next vintage is shipped, see if WB has bottles for sale in a total that’s a multiple of 3.

I’m guessing that shipping thing doesn’t actually happen.

2 Likes