The "Flannery" for Chicken? Or Pork? Or Lamb?

25% off now with coupon code Delicious

Have you tried it yet? I’m interested…

no. On tap for this week.

For those in NY & CT, Fleisher’s Craft Butchery carries a Finger Lakes Pasture Raised Chicken that blows the Green Circle Chicken away. We love it. When you order, make sure you get the right one as they also carry Green Circle. Their pork and beef are excellent too.

Plum Market in Chicago and Ann Arbor carry Niman as their normal beef offering. Not sure if they ship.

Anything to report, Alan?

havent cooked pork yet. Too many other leftovers.

This still hasn’t shipped. Reached out after 3 weeks of radio silence and got this response…Your order will be fulfilled within the next two weeks. We have paused all online orders so we can catch up on all pending orders we have. Therefore, your order will be fulfilled in the next two weeks when we will be fulfilling all current orders. We have been getting an influx of orders in due to COVID-19. If you would no longer like to continue to wait for your order, let me know and I can help cancel and refund your order. I hope you and your loved ones are staying healthy and safe during this time.

I started buying Stepladder Ranch pork chops at the farmers market because it saved me a trip to the regular supermarket/butcher shop. They’re some of the best pork I’ve ever had that wasn’t Iberico. The pigs are free-range and fed avocados and whey. The meat is beautifully marbled and flavorful as a result. Comes frozen, and I don’t think it affects the quality one bit. The only downside is that all their chops don’t match up at all, so if you buy four then all four are completely different shapes and degrees of fattiness.

They’re at SF Bay Area farmers markets, but you can contact them via their website to see where else it’s available.

Fleischers lamb is ridiculous too.

cool. Need freezer space!

Lee. Do you have a good source of lamb in the Seattle area you would recommend?

There were a couple of good local sources at the farmer’s markets. We haven’t lived in Seattle for more than 5 years now, so I don’t recall the names at this point.

Oh understood. Thanks anyway!

Oh understood. Thanks anyway!

For those experienced with Pasturebird – Do you know if they ship frozen? There doesn’t seem to be anything on the website or in the emails about this. My shipment arrived with empty bags that seem to have once contained dry ice and some cold but not frozen birds. Unclear whether I can freeze them or should cook all of them asap. I’ve emailed them but I sense they are pretty swamped right now.

I don’t know – but mine arrive tomorrow so I’m interested!

I posted the first link re Pasturebird. Yes, frozen.

Oy. I guess that means they all the way defrosted in shipping. Thank you for the info, though.