The "Flannery" for Chicken? Or Pork? Or Lamb?

I get the Green Circle chickens at my local Fairway Market and as they are more expensive they are nearly always there even in the pandemic.

For the time being, Happy Valley Meat which usually supplies top restaurants is selling to the public

A website I have ordered a lot from: www.crowdcow.com

They have expanded from beef into pork, chicken, and seafood.

Pasturebird is one of the farms they use. Everything has been delicious!

+2. Thanks for the recommendation.

George

I’ve enjoyed the Poulet Rouge Fermier from https://joyce-farms.com/ They have expanded into other meats as well and I would happily order anything they think is worthy.

ordered the 6 chicken special for $120 but the shipping was over $50 so I deleted the order. Each time those stupid shipping costs keep me from completing the order.

+1

yet Hudson Valley Foie Gras and similar companies can have free shipping specials and evidently still make money . . . while D’Artagnan charges high shipping rates.

Would you order if it was 6 chicken for $175 w/ free shipping?
[snort.gif]

no, but I’d order if there were a minimum $ spend (to ensure their profit) w free shipping.

Kind of have to do your own math to see how much spend it makes sense to make the shipping economics work
Flannery charges $40 to ship to east coast so you need a mental break even. Ordering 2 or even 6 steaks won’t do it

Thank you for this. Great selection of meat. Their inventory changes quickly- if they don’t have it, they may in a few hours. Lobster tails, whole chicken, wings and various beef. Free shipping if $150. Delivered in a couple days.

Ordered from Pasturebird. Website stated 1-3 weeks. Hope it comes in a couple more weeks.

Thanks for making life better!

I’ve ordered from D’Artagnan with free shipping. I assume it’s not offered frequently.

Only relevant for a few people here but d’artagnan is now doing weekly free home delivery for certain towns in NJ.
http://homedelivery.dartagnan.com/

what a random selection of towns

I would bet they can add nearby towns if people request…who knows. Mine’s there though…duck for dinner next week!

For sure, Medford is SNJ. It’s 1 hour, 15 minutes from Union. The demographics would fit the d’artagan customer profile. I’m guessing these are the towns with the most orders.

Another source for great duck is Liberty Duck

They were wholesale only but now ship all over. For Bay area and N. Bay folks they provide local delivery.

The French Laundry, Manresa, Zuni, Chez Panisse, Restaurant at Meadowood, Per Se, Daniel, etc… all use their ducks.

I used to get cold smoked frenched pork racks from Dean and Deluca. They were amazing. If I recall they were Niman Ranch. Anyone know of any sources?

FYI I got an email from pasturebird.com that said they are running 1-3 weeks behind on orders as they are so busy.

Good for them!

George

Thanks for the suggestion, we’re having Elysian Fields loin for dinner tonight. The surprise to me was how beautiful foreshanks with part of the shoulder were.