Thatcher's Wine | Brentwood, LA Bottle Shop -Is Officially Open

Hey WB,

I wanted to let you all know that we’ve been able to finally open our doors in Brentwood, LA and launched our first Brick and Mortar!

After 1.5 years of dealing with the wonderful City of LA and building permits. We finally have been able to get the first part of the store in Brentwood, LA open!!

Wines are locked and loaded and we will be rocking this weekend!

There will be plenty of events at the store and around the city in the coming weeks and months - but I wanted to give you all a heads up and let you know that we are open and stocked with tons of goodies.

Our address is 11718 San Vicente Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90049 and we are open from 11am to 7pm daily.

There is a parking lot in the rear of building and if you live in the area, we have same day delivery if you walk over and don’t want to carry 5 cases of wine home (lol)

Thatcher

14 Likes

Congrats! Shop is like a mile or so from where I used to live in LA

1 Like

I think I can top that. If I’m reading google maps right, you’re in the same place Pioneer Chicken, where I had my first job at age 15, used to be. If you walk past a certain spot in back where the deep freeze used to be and feel a sudden chill of despair, that just my ghost walking around, counting up my $2.65 an hour and dreaming of better days.

4 Likes

I don’t remember Pioneer Chicken in that location. Birdie’s Belgian restaurant occupied the space for a very long time, then it was a nail salon or beauty salon for a number of years.

I’ll stop by on my way home today or tomorrow.

Welcome to Brentwood!

2 Likes

It was 1978 - it was on San Vincente and Barrington, next to a dry cleaners, but I don’t remember the actual address.

Congrats Thatcher!

@ThatcherBakerBriggs - so cool, I had NO idea, I just went on to you set and set an alert for a cuvee I an interested in - so congrats!

does brentwood really need another immoral menace???

s/

congrats on the opening!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

is your store called “The Juice is Loose!”?

How does inventory at the Brentwood store compare to what’s available on the web site?

It’s called Low Times lol

1 Like

It does!

Smaller selection but similar. You can view everything at the brentwood store here

Was kind of a silly question, because I live close enough to your Hayward warehouse to just pick up there. But I’ll be driving through LA to San Diego soon, and just wondered what would be available there. Thanks, will check it out!

Can we pick up allocated purchases that were arranged for LA pick up pre-opening?
Welcome to the hood!

Please do!

Absolutely! Free in Store pick ups

Thatcher’s is a first class operation! I called about 2 3.0L bottles for 2 dinners I was hosting. One was a LaFleur, and the other was a PYCM. You guys handled the order perfectly. Thank you so much. I wish I lived in Brentwood again, but it has been years since that was the case. Will keep on ordering online at least!

2 Likes

How painful was the permitting process, Thatcher?

I know my friend Mark at Byron Blatty (who also just opened his tasting room) spent a year in the quagmire of permitting. :scream:

Congratulations! Is there a berserker discount on store purchases?