Tempting wine purchases you’ve passed on—give others a shot

Pretty sizable tranche of new wines on WineBid this week, especially German wines with some age (eg JJPrum, Donnhoff) and Bordeaux.

I am on buying freeze (hopefully more or less for good) and I have lots of riesling and claret in the cellar, so I am resisting.

1 Like

Alternatively, you can also purchase it directly from Andrew, alongside many other of his wines. Plus, you get a 15% discount on 6pk and 25% on a case.

2 Likes

[quote=“Rodrigo_B, post:770, topic:168023”]
Alternatively, you can also purchase it directly from Andrew,
[/quote]who is Andrew and what does he sell?

1 Like

Briceland. Domestic PN.

1 Like

Andrew Morris is the winemaker for Briceland Vineyards.

2 Likes

Info here:

I really like their '13 PN Reserve, which I first tried from their '21 BD offer and on @Corey_N 's insistence.

2 Likes

Thanks for the mentions here, It’s an honor to be nominated.

Andrew’s Petit Verdot is delicious.

Continues a bit of a run of some keen pricing lately on this particular cuvee:

One last bottle of Cédric Bouchard Roses de Jeanne Val de Vilaine at $87 in NYC. Who’s gonna be the lucky one:

https://www.mcf-rarewine.com/products/cedric-bouchard-roses-de-jeanne-blanc-de-noirs-cote-de-val-vilaine-nv-2019?_pos=1&_sid=05e47f730&_ss=r

1 Like

Thanks! Think I got the last bottle.

So it was you!

Verve has some 2020 Bernaudeau Ongles

Yep, lasted for about a week

1 Like

97 Jadot CdU for $39 at Benchmark. 3 bottles left after I snagged a few

2 Likes

2012 Côte Bonneville DuBrul Vineyard *(USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Yakima Valley) Should have kept all of them but offered two of these to a friend from a six pack at $40 a bottle.

2 Likes

Have leads on ‘20 Cedric Bouchard Val Vilaine at $190-200. On the pricey end, but anyone interested can PM—want to keep this out of the hands of any lurkers.

2 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Unfortunately the state of the market—the allocations in NY were fairly small (for both restaurants and retail) this year.

There’s a case of 2020 VV at that pricing in Jersey if anyone wants it that badly…

Allocations are indeed way way down across NY/NJ unfortunately this year

2 Likes