Taittinger Comtes 08 $125 - $135

Super helpful, thank you very much. Most likely I will stock up from US retailers, and just enjoy the tour and tasting then.

I would love to visit Ruinart, everyone says it is great. Unfortunately, it looks like they are closed for tours until mid-March. A good excuse to go back another time…!

Great, thank you. That does look like a great duo. Unfortunately, with Ruinart closed until March, we won’t be able to do that one. We may focus on our energy on finding a great lunch spot, touring the town a bit, and enjoying Taittinger given the limited time. Ruinart… next time!

My one disappointment going to Reims is that there really did not seem to be that much of a wine “town” or anything to tour. Taittinger and Ruinart were fairly far apart and restaurants were separated from them. It is not like the towns of say Bordeaux or Beaune with a central district. There should be some threads on the travel board with recommendations for restaurants.

If everyone is expecting $125 CdC, I think you’re going to be disappointed, barring grey market wines. Just like Dom 08 came out around $125 and has settled at $150-160, 08 CdC thru importers will be $150-ish.

Yeah the first offer I got for Cristal 08 was the cheapest, 199 at Vins rare, should’ve bought more.

My recollection for the tasting room at Taittinger was about 125-130 Euros for the 2006. I guess that could creep higher for the 2008, but perhaps the tasting room price is immune to the upward drift in the American market??

I know it is not the 08, but vinsrare has the 07 for $99

I know Taittinger can do no wrong but has anyone tried this one yet? I haven’t tried a single '08 Blanc de Blanc anything. Or '09 for that matter.

When is the expected arrival on these? The proposed sparkling wine tariffs might be a problem.

Not a Comte but I loved 2008 Taittinger Brut Millesime, it reminded me of 2002 but with crisper acidity, probably one of the best Brut Millesime I have ever had.

[scratch.gif]

for some reason the Ralphs next to me has had 08 cristal for $199 at least 4 times in the past 6 months… as part of their buy 6 special. BUT they only ever stock 4 at a time. So i gotta buy 2 bottles of $3 cabernet as filler

My worry as well. All I had ever heard was “sometime in 2020” and I heard that over a year ago.

They told me Spring 2020 when I asked about estimated delivery.

I tried the 08 Comtes with Pierre Emmanuel a few years back. It was the best young Comtes I’ve had

Guys, bad news. Sokolin is advertising the 2008 CDC for $239 and it appears to be a futures offer as it’s “Available Soon”. So much for getting this wine for $125-$135.

[scratch.gif] Yeah I’ll pass at that

Yeah. I was not happy when I saw this.
The tasting room attendant told me 10 days ago that he expected retail pricing the same as the 2007 (but no guarantees, of course). The Sokolin price is 2X+. That is a heck of a markup. I wonder if that is a troll based on perceived demand, or if that is price that will hold…

Sokolin is not exactly a price leader.

That would be a kick in the *****

I’ve been expecting higher prices than the 2007 but at that price I’ll probably pass. May as well buy 08 Cristal.