Taittinger Comtes 08 $125 - $135

Or reflecing tariff risk (though I realize the Champagne tariffs weren’t adopted and the next time it comes round is likely June.)

U.K. and Hong Kong prices range $170-$180. Unless Taittinger pulled a “Krug” reducing production levels because of the economic situation in 2008, there should be a lot of product to sell. It’s hard to believe the market will tolerate prices north of $200.

So glad I bought WHW’s offer. Hopefully they honor their price.

Yes, the brut millesime is great! I believe 2012 is the current vintage? Usually, the millesime drinks really well early on, but the 08 seems to have lasted a while and now is something special, and will improve I think.

Although, it should have been free shipping they charged me for shipping.
Apparently, they stopped doing that and can’t seem to honor it but gave me a discount on the shipping cost.

I cannot tell from your post… did they honor the price or just give you a discount on shipping?

Gave me $20 off on shipping. Ups ground. Originally the shipping was supposed to be free.
Honored the $125/bottle price as well.

YLee - So did yours already ship? I contacted Woodland back at the beginning of October, and they said they were expecting these bottles to come in sometime early to mid-December.

I’d also be pretty disappointed if they changed their free shipping on a case policy, as I had confirmed that this would ship free when I placed the order last November.

Scheduled to be shipped on nov 9th. I told them that they should honor it but the shipping manager could only do a discount or cancel the entire order. If you are able to get them to do free shipping plz report back.

I just paid $158 per bottle locally

Would someone mind sending the website you are buying the 2008 for $125. If I am on the right one, it only shows 2007 for $109. Thank you

it was a specific offer from last year. It’s much more there now.

Sure, first you’ll need to get a time machine.

Does anyone have a time machine? That would be awesome. I will buy the drinks.

Thinking about the things I would buy with a time machine and knowledge is a dark dark rabbit hole.

Being told about Carmes Haut Brion in 2018 at <£450/6 is one of the things I would have signed up… 2012 L’If at like £350/6 is another one…

Yeah, TIA. Or, afterward. Or both simultaneously.

I do.
E2344E01-D97E-4822-BA9C-19C2D2E41DCA.jpeg
I’ll have a Tuxedo No. 2

I was thinking a winning lotto ticket but rose are good choices to! Thank goodness I have an extra flux capacitor so we should be all set!

The US wholesale is above $150, $161.99 in DC and it seems all sold out at that price. It is around $150 or higher in Europe. This offer is like the PC move.

We might be losing money on each sale, but we make up for it on volume!

2 Likes