Taittinger Comtes 08 $125 - $135

Yes, and less than a full case should still be free shipping in california, assuming you bought at least two bottles (>$250).

Edit: Actually, maybe not. Reading more closely, it says valid for new in-stock purchases only. These are pre-arrival.

My receipt says $18.38 for GSO to SF. I bought 10 bottles, certainly above the $ minimum. So even if not free for pre-orders, it’s still pretty reasonable.

I wonder what $ others will offer. I was planning on buying cases from FRA or UK.

Funny I posted this for others then when I went to make my purchase it was sold out. Life of a parent. :slight_smile:

Just contact them when it’s time to ship; I didn’t pay anything for shipping yet.

If you’re worried about shipping, I can just run down the street and pick them up for you; I’ll even give you complimentary tasting notes as well champagne.gif

I am going to visit Reims in February (first time), and have reservations for a tour and tasting at Taittinger.

Anyone have any idea how their pricing for CdC at the house might compare to pricing in the US? (And, i know I would have to figure out shipping as well…)

grabbed 6 and hoping for a lower price down the road so I can grab more.

Ployez-Jacquemart is a nice visit in Reims.

just checked and it shows 24+ prearrival.

Yes, it came back and I placed a request for a case.
This was their email
“Thank you for your recent purchase with Woodland Hills Wine Company! Your order has been received and is being reviewed. Once we have verified quantities available and processed payment, we will send you an Order Confirmation email.”

I guess it’s not confirmed yet. My card was charged though.

UPDATE: My order is confirmed. As of right now 17 bottles left.

I ended up getting a case; probably set on 08 cdc, unless it’s much better than I expect. I guess I’ve drank more 06 cdc in the last 2 years (~a case or so) than any grand marque, fwiw, so maybe I’ll end up getting more.

And just like that, sold out! Grrrrr [swearing.gif]

Their Wine Director told me they are waiting for another 600 bottle confirmation.

We visited Taittinger last July and tasted the 2006 and 2007 CdC. I don’t remember the exact price, but it was quite a bit higher than I could buy it for locally (and TX isn’t open to shipping from out-of-state retailers). I had some fun with the tasting room staff, showing them the offers for the 2007 on wine-searcher as they found them very low.

By the way, make sure you visit Ruinart, if it isn’t already in your plans. The wines they poured for tasting were excellent and the tour through the limestone caves was great.

I was there a year and a half ago and cannot remember whether the price at the winery was about the same as the best prices in the US or higher. Do not recall them being a bargain.

Had a great time there nonetheless. We spent a day in Reims and went to Taittinger and Ruinart. Caves are really impressive.

2012 Cristal $229 pre-arrival

https://www.envoyerfinewines.com/products/2012-louis-roederer-champagne-cristal-brut-pre-arrival?_pos=2&_sid=ad06269db&_ss=r

The good new, there is a lot of Comte made. No need to freak out on first offer.

True.
There certainly will be more down the pike. However I suspect that for most of us that the $125 price will be close to bottom. I grabbed 6 and if I do see it go lower will double down.

Don’t know the numbers for the '08, but production levels aren’t that high. Generally around 20,000 cases. 2002 was a smaller production and I wasn’t able to buy as much as I wanted to on release. If '08 is similiar to '02, then the buying window won’t by that long.

Nobody should be freaking out about wine. Lol.
But as Jonathan stated, this price is pretty good especially if you buy 12 bottles to get free shipping. To me that’s like $120 per.
I can get the '06 right now from UK for about $105 shipped. So the $125 w/ free shipping is definitely a good buy for a case. Later on I will add more depending on how others price Taittinger.