Shipping season!

Ask them to use 15 bottle shippers. It will reduce your shipping cost.

It is nice how Envoyer ships in the larger boxes. They will even spend the time combining magnum boxes to optimize shipping. I expect two shipments from them this season. I think they have another 1 or 2 containers arriving by mid-December. When they arrive, I remind her the wine that we drink comes from somewhere. It just happens that lots of it shows up in Nov/Dec and February.

Getting too many bottles? Y’all should do what I do - get Neal to take some of them!

My first Envoyer shipment of the season arrives today.
[happy dance]

Looks like Santa won’t come this year to my house. It’s hard enough to keep the actual cellar running with the generator. 2017 purchases will have to stay in the mainland for a while… At least we’ll have time to open up storage space.

Ha! Trying to build my meager collection of burgs (with Maureen’s help)

Today:

1964 Talbot
1987 Gruaud Larose
1999 Latour a Pomerol
1981 Ducru Beaucaillou

Neal, I’ve not looked, but I would check the weather on the route from Envoyer to DC.

Weather has been nuts. I think it actually looks pretty good. The problem is that there is rarely a time when the entire country is temperate.

Quiet shipping season for me this Fall, only 6.5 cases this week and 3 cases next week. But quantity isn’t everything, I admit I’m am especially excited to see my half case of the 2008 Pol Roger Brut Rose sitting on the counter!

Not even 10 cases of wine, and that’s all of my pending wine, I must be losing a step.

Are those the types of Burgundies Maureen is recommending? [wow.gif] [scratch.gif] If so, you need better advice.

In my experience, the shocked reactions come from the UPS and FedEx delivery guys. I really thought one FedEx guy was going to organize an intervention.

Scored a bunch of mature Bordeaux over the summer. Some highlights from my deliveries this week and next:
1982 Beychevelle
1982 Cos d’Estournel
1982 Sociando Mallet
1985 Canon
1985 Gruaud Larose
1985 Talbot
1989 Cantemerle
1990 Leoville Barton
1990 Louviere
1990 Sociando Mallet
1990 Rausan Segla

Wow, I’m impressed David. That’s some uncommon restraint.

My second child was born in 2016 so I plan to eventually go long on Bordeaux that year. I’m just not sure futures make much financial sense anymore, so I’m waiting. What did you buy?

We could be twins; that could be my shopping list. I actually have some of those coming in.

Well done!

[wow.gif]

Ha! I have the off-vintage version of these wines

That’s very cool. We certainly see eye to eye on claret. We should do a “virtual live tasting” some time!

From the 80’s? I guess the 80s, 81s, 84s and 87s are no good, but the 83s and 88s are nearly as good as 85, 86, 89 and 90 at least for my favorite Chateau (though the these vintages will last longer).

Lucky kid! Or perhaps lucky you to have an excuse to go long on 2016. You are likely correct about the lack of advantage to buying futures. My wife was actually pushing me to break my freeze and buy so I took advantage of the opportunity. I bought half cases of Conseillante and Pichon Lalande, plus 2s-4s of Canon, Figeac, Haut Bailly, GPL, and Pichon Baron.

You old dudes buying 2016s crack me up!

EVen I didn’t succumb. Well, I did grab some 375s of Les Carmes Haut Brion, but that’s it. No 2015s either.

:wink:

[welldone.gif]

Yes just today at work 2 cases + Mags from WineBid showed up at work. At least one of those two cases of winebid treasures will be gone by new years day and hopefully the rest by the end of ski season.

But your observation is correct as I have 15 cases+ of new releases that will get split between the two cellars and not touched for many years…

For me…
4 cases of misc from winex (but I picked it up and hauled it back to NorCal on recent trip)
Cameron
Goodfellow
Mount Eden
Michaud
Tensley
Navarro
several+ cases of cellar defenders and misc from garagiste

Still waiting on:
Kutch
Vincent

Plus fall releases that we pick up from local producers:
Bedrock (not local but we made it to Sonoma)
Big Basin
Odnata
Burrell School
Wargin Wines
Santa Cruz Mountain Vineyards
Sones Cellars
Ser

Receptionist at work likes Sauv Blanc so I always help out. I think 10+ cases will land next week. Only 4 cases this week