Sherry-Lehmann 2016 Bordeaux Futures

The brand has a lot of value, but I fear if they do go bankrupt, the obligations will die with it.

A real shame as I used to buy from them, and loved going to the old store on 61st and Madison.

1 Like

Actually that is a very good point on voidable preference. If you do manage to get something from SL, especially something high value, best not to drink it for at least 90 days in case SL enters into bankruptcy.

I really appreciate the advice. I’m still holding out hope, perhaps naively, for a straight refund. If they do agree to an exchange, I’ll just keep everything in my offsite storage.

This isn’t how it works

1 Like

correct, in the case of bdx futures only, you can add the time from initial ordering to the time period.

source: 15 U.S. Code § 330a

Hey all, put through a chargeback request today. My bank wasn’t fazed at all by the request or timing, but we’ll see what Visa says.
Meanwhile, SL didn’t answer the phone when I called them today. I’ll be calling back daily now to see about replacements for in-stock items (assuming they even have what the website shows…).

Thanks again, everyone, for supportive comments, real talk, and even in-person help (@ybarselah). I don’t have a ton of money tied up in this, luckily, but no one wants to get screwed.

Walk into the store, make your selections, walk out the of store, and tell them to bill you. Pay your bill 3 years later. Sounds fair to me.

1 Like

Apparently, this is how some Savile Row tailors used to operate many years ago. Obviously, this ended with tailors chasing clients for tens of thousands of dollars.

I hate to hear these stories. What it does for the individual collectors and the industry.
We are delivering the 2019’s now, to clients so to hear that you are trying to collect 2016-
unless there is another part to the story, you need to put pressure for real.
There is no excuse.
the wine is long released and moved through the pipeline - there is not one reason
for the delay but the businesses who pull ala PREMIER CRU on you.

2 Likes

The taxes owed are for sales and use. I wonder if they were not collecting taxes on out of state sales?

3 Likes

More likely they were collecting taxes, and not remitting.

1 Like

After a multiyear delay on my 2014 futures, I knew never to deal with S-L again. No surprises here.

1 Like

If that is the case, the Department of Finance is the least of their worries.

1 Like

If you can believe it, my 2014 futures from them came in without a hitch! That’s why I made the horrific mistake of ordering from them again…

Avoid watching Dog Day Afternoon before going to the store.

2 Likes

Paul D., I’m happy to be of help and find out more details - professionally in Bordeaux, however I am really lost on the new organization of this site.
Is this an old thread? or something recent?
and numerous details I need from you so I can intelligently make inquiry’s in "Bordeaux.
Write to me if you’d like my help
william@williamgladstoneimports.com

would need know which 2014 wines you both ordered.

what a cluster.

A cluster, indeed! My 2014 Lynch arrived just fine. Back then, there was a very responsive person in charge of Bordeaux futures. I actually got to meet her after she left SL and moved to Rhode Island, where I was living at the time.

Underwhelming update: I did reach SL and the woman (same one I’ve been dealing with) said I absolutely deserve to be refunded and claims she told a colleague to put through a refund immediately. Talk is cheap, of course. My bank has said that I can cancel the chargeback investigation on the off chance a refund does come through.

I have a question for anyone who’s more knowledgeable than me: I put through the chargeback request via my card issuer (credit union). The person I spoke with said Visa would reach out directly to me within ~1 month. No problem. However, should I be contacting Visa directly and proactively offering to send in documentation? I do have a recent email from SL (the only one they’ve deigned to send me) acknowledging that they haven’t fulfilled these orders–complete with order numbers to match the original receipts. Should I be banging on Visa’s door directly now, or can I reasonably expect them to contact me and ask for documentation?

I know many folks who were screwed by Premier Cru sent in all kinds of documentation, but we aren’t (yet) dealing with a bankruptcy case here so that may affect how this is handled.

1 Like

go to the google reviews for SL and sort by newest…

something happened over the past year -ish. consistently exemplary reviews, and then bang - all 1 or 2 stars with consistent themes of no comms, orders missing, etc.