SF Bay Area/Peninsula OL - May 21 Bring CASH

No Alan?

You guys good for some Gentaz?

F.U.

Never had one.

[cry.gif]

I never bothered to buy that stuff because Parker said Guigal B&B was better.

Anyone want to go back to Paul Martins?

I’m ok with PM.

Works for me, I don’t really know any good places on the Peninsula…

Do we have a theme? Just need to know if I need to plan for a trip to storage this Saturday :wink:

I’m just happy to skip the ritual sacrifice lottery this year.

Ok - please chime in if you are not on the list and want to come or if you’re on the list and don’t want to come but not if you’re not wanting to come and you want to be on the list.

I’m skipping this one.
My meal at PM was a perfect storm of terrible food to the point where I wouldn’t relax next time. I know everyone else was OK with their dishes I just had bad luck. I think it’s a good idea to take a break anyway and reexamine driving 60 miles home, on a Monday starting off the week, after drinking.

If that’s NOT how you start the week, you’re doing something wrong.

Looks like I’ll be able to attend…

To agree with George. If the propositions are just going to be Sole and PM…NO. The pleasure of wine is inextricably linked to the food you eat. We drink good wine and the quality of the food should follow within reason.

Well I asked in post 18 where to?
I’m not limited to those two places, so always open to suggestion Andrew.

Is there a list of the usual places you guys go to?

Bad feeling about the ritual sacrifice lottery, huh?

Is Martins West still free corkage on Mondays?

We’ve done Donato Enoteca in RWC a few times.
Also LV Mar in RWC, which is Latin American tapas. Seafood heavy and spicy, so not the best match for a lot of wines, but good food.
Menlo Grill’s slow nights are no longer slow, so we stopped going there.
We sometimes go to Yuzu in San Mateo (not open Mondays, so has to be Sun or Tues).
Fey Restaurant (Sichuan) in Menlo Park is good. Private room. The group went there once. Certain person who does wine dinners there ordered and did a sort of oopsie. There’s something like a $40 per person minimum to get the room, which is actually hard to accomplish. So, he ordered a few “inquire” market priced dishes and managed to greatly surpass our expected bill by about double, which caught everyone by surprise when it was time to pay. Not the restaurant’s fault.

Andrew, George,
Please make some suggestions, call restaurants, whatever.
Rather than complain how about help out and make arrangements or call?
PM and Sole know me, so those are easy defaults.

But I’m always open to suggestions.

Andrew, don’t you have an “in” at Iberia in Belmont?

That’s not fair. I like everywhere I’ve been with this group very much except this one place and as I said it might have been bad luck. Both dishes I was served were objectively unacceptable at any price. I’m not a foodie snob. Perhaps I should have just said I’m skipping but I’m still emotionally pissed at their cynicism. Anyway see you at the next one.