Scherrer Winery - BD 11 only special on Mini-Verticals

Thanks Fred! Order in - i missed you on a visit to your neck of the woods many many years ago as our schedules didn’t mesh. Need to return - too busy going to OR - really appreciate the direction and your participation today. Can hardly wait to try the wines.

Bill

Where are you?

soon Chris … [cheers.gif]

Fred,

I remember visiting several years ago and you told a good story about a wine writer or someone ITB who said “I can move your old inventory for you” thinking that was the reason you had the older stuff. Thanks for having a big library, looking forward to older Platts, don’t have these in my cellar.

Wish these wines were in Cellar Tracker

I’m shocked they aren’t - did you check WB? Lots of Scherrer fans like me here!

Brad, I’ll wait to pack that up until after tonight, then.

Thanks,

F

While not on the list here, the 2008 Platt is a true sleeper. I still have a few bottles pulled from deep library at hand.

We do things a bit differently here. We offer fairly young wines to the mailing list, ahead of general release to restaurants and wine shops. Consequently, there are almost always several vintages available DTC. I encourage people to try a bottle or two here and there on for size. If they fall in love, it’s likely they can come back to the well.

I want the wines in the trade to be ‘pop and pour ready’. With our latent style, it takes a few years or more to get there. The upside is the wines trade off the youthful fruit for bottle bouquet very gradually over a very, very long time.

F

I think many of them are noted in cellar tracker, but maybe not all. We just barely released the 2015 vintages of most of these wines DTC. I bet people haven’t really popped them yet, knowing the best days are yet to come.

If you subscribe to Vinous, all these wines have been reviewed. WA, WS, WE, etc. don’t allow us to submit or see everything. I think Vinous is about the most comprehensive source for third-party commentary on our wines. California Grapevine would be a close second although it is not as easily searchable.

F

In for the Chardonnay. Fred - we need to get you and Judi back to Gloucester sometime!

They’re in CT, I copied the wine names from CT when I edited this offer for Judi/Fred

etc…

Awesome thank you!

In for Platt PN!

Went to order some platt Pinot and realized that I had some 375’s in my cart from a few months ago. I guess I will take those as well🤷‍♂️

Aaron, maybe those little bottles grew up into 750’s in the meantime [wink.gif]

Fred- added a second order to make it a full case. Added some Cab. Folks, If you haven’t had Fred’s cabs - they are excellent and at a great price point. Definitely a more restrained style.

In for the Chardonnay also. Heard great things about Fred’s wines, but never had a chance to taste them. I’ve tried to get a tasting with Fred on our last few trips, but he has been unavailable. Can’t wait to try them now!

Chardonnay is sold out?

Emily, we are still processing today’s orders (quite overwhelmed with the response). But I think we should still have enough 2013 Chardonnay to fulfill the vertical orders. I could always do 2014-2016 if that happens so you can still check it out.

Thanks,

F

Jeff, I thought this would be a pretty good way to sample what we do in light of how many bases I have to cover outside of the cellar, plus the blackout dates during harvest. I hope you enjoy them.

F