Scherrer: 'Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe...' 50% off select wines and free shipping. Nevermore.

Drilled the 2012 Syrah tonight. Really nice. I’ll get a note up later.

Just received my case of 2013 syrah yesterday. Gotta let em rest… or not.

These young wines don’t need to rest. 7 Year old Syrah is a baby.

Just crushed one. No need to wait.

The 2012 is ready to roll right now as well, and dangerously quaffable:

• 2012 Scherrer Winery Syrah - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (4/19/2020)
    PnP and totally accessible right now. White pepper and soft purple flowers on the nose. Full bodied black fruit, medium acid, remarkably gentle tannin. The finish is sweet with wet rocks.
  • 2012 Scherrer Winery Syrah - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (4/18/2020)
    Decanted for 20 minutes which was probably unnecessary. It’s ready to go. Leaner cold climate California style which I prefer. Pairs with short ribs.

Posted from CellarTracker

Ordered a 50/50 mixed case of Pinot and Grenache. Figured quarantine causes different kinds of itches that need to be scratched. Also added a couple half bottles. Love those for traveling and they are not easy to find on quality wines, so appreciate you offering them up.

Got a case of 2013 pinot 375mls for $14@, with free shipping. Unbelievable deal.

I’m sure when I finish the last one, I’ll wonder why the hell I didn’t get more.

Hi Fred, this might be in bad taste…haven’t been around here (Wineberserkers) long enough. Any chance of more Syrah? Would love a split case of pinot and syrah or something like that!

Yeah, you wish…and so do I. I’d have bought a case instead of just three bottles.

Has anyone had the Grenache? Please report.

I had the Grenache last night and enjoyed it. It has a lot in common with the 2012 Syrah, though the Syrah seemed to improve on night 2 whereas the Grenache seemed to fade, though just slightly.

I heard that Fred makes wishes come true;)

Well, I didn’t put the Grenache on the Nepenthe offering because it sucked. I was looking for things that hit all the right notes today for the times we are seeing today. The time frames on our wines are widely misunderstood. We are more latent than one expects.

There have been enough bottles of Grenache going out that someone besides me has an opinion :rofl:.

I’m sorry that the Syrahs in reasonable quantity that are ready to go right now sold out. 2014 RRV will get there soon, I suspect. There are higher end things that are there in small quantities which aren’t in the spirit of the Nepenthe. However they are delivering. One can always hybridize an order to assess that. Or not.

I wish those wishes could always become true. I can only do so much.

‘If dreams were lightning, and thunder desire, this old house would have burned down a long time ago.’ (prine)

Any hope of shipping to Oklahoma in the fall? It’ll be in the 80’s next week here, so I think we’re done for the season.

Yes. We are in the final stages of getting registered with all the state agencies. The biggest and longest hurdle has been passed. Judi started the process in early February. Some things take forever to be processed.

Hi Fred, this might be in bad taste…haven’t been around here (Wineberserkers) long enough. Any chance of more Syrah? Would love a split case of pinot and syrah or something like that!
[/quote]

FYI, there is some RRV Syrah up now. The Pinot was fantastic. In for a second case, this time Syrah and added bit more Pinot.

Glad you guys are paying attention and helping each other out. I wasn’t sure if this subject here was still active.

The 2014 RRV Syrah is up now that the 2014 Grenache is gone.

I’ve been advised that I’m fussier than need be about what means ‘ready to go.’ I’m not sure where I would go next when this Syrah is gone, though. There’s not a large amount of it.