Scherrer: 'Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe...' 50% off select wines and free shipping. Nevermore.

Did you consider putting something white into the mix?

Tom,

I did consider that. However all that we have available in any meaningful quantity is brand new release stuff that is probably a couple years away from being in the pop and pour happy spot. That was a prime consideration of the Nepenthe offering.

I suppose that if it was a ‘stock the long-term shelter’ offering, wines for the future would be more appropriate. Hopefully this will not be necessary.

F

Makes sense. Thanks for doing the offer. I’m in for a mixed case of PN and Huntsman.

Fred, might as well open the cellar and let the berserkers drain it!

Thanks, Fred. Crazy offer

Got nearly three cases, with wine for us, my parents, and my in-laws. Thank you Fred!

Fred - Looking forward to trying your wine. I bought a case yesterday. Any guidance on when it will ship out?

Bay area GLS should go out next week. We have focused on getting cross-country shipments en-route first while temperatures are moderate. Please bear with us as we are working 14 hour days just to keep up.

F

Trying to figure out if there are any sales available still other than PN - everything was sold out or full price. Thanks!

The start of this thread points to some wines that sold out. We tried to have three different wines avail. for this that would cover pretty much any culinary need and that are not in need of cellar time to fully enjoy. The 2017 and 2018 roses sold out pretty quickly. We cycled thru two vintages of Syrah, one vintage of Huntsman blend as well. So now, we put up the 2014 Kick Ranch Grenache which fits that need well. Here is the link to what we currently have at any time: https://scherrerwinery.com/special-offers/

I can’t predict the future, but the goal is to try to keep something like the initial offering alive thru this shut down shut in. We are including free ground shipping in the lower 48 )and heavily subsidized shipping to HI and AK on these wines. The thing to remember is that people can add other wines to the Nepenthe deal order and we will ship them for free as well (we will override the website’s calculation of shipping on those particular bottles for cc authorization before charges get finalized). Those additional bottles will be subject to the normal 10% discount on 12 or more total bottles mixed, matched, Nepenthe deal or not.

I hope this helps.

F

I just waved goodbye to your shipment. Enjoy.

Back to work for me…

F

Helps a lot, thanks Fred!

^this here^
I just got mine, Thank you Fred. So Happy to have these half bottles of Pinot and .750’s of the Syrah.

Just got my wines today. Came cool to the touch. However there was a little mix up. I order eight of the 375ml ‘13 PN RRV and four 750ml Rose. They ended up sending full bottles for the PN. Reached out to Judi about the error and she asked if I wanted to go ahead and keep them or to ship out the halves to make it right. No need to ship again bc that’s just extra cost. Outstanding service! Will be sharing these with friends and family!

In for a mixed 1/2 case. Excited to try these out.

• 2018 Scherrer Winery Dry Rosé - USA, California, Sonoma County (4/14/2020)
    Pulled the cork, well twisted the top, as the delivery guy drove off. Came cold in the case, nice.

Light pink color pushing salmon. Fresh herb, Basil maybe, and light Berry and more melon like unripe cantaloupe.

The palate has a strong mineral note, earthy, light red berries and stone fruit. Strong acid. It’ll take you back to Aix-en-Provence and that cute little cafe where you first discovered French rosé.

Posted from CellarTracker

I put two orders in for a combined three cases. Why? Because this is the most generous offer that I’ve seen during this time (and possibly any other time), and also, Fred’s wines are excellent.

I thought it was something that we could do that would help people weather this storm a bit better. The idea was to do something that is good for everyone.

Looks like I was too late. Website shows that both Rose and Syrah are both sold out. Lesson learned, you snooze you loose!

Well, at least there was enough Pinot Noir that it is still available. There’s Grenache too to scratch a different kind of itch.

F