*Saunter Wines* SOLDOUT Thank you, everyone! This was Berserk!

HELLO WINEBERSERKERS!!!

We’re very excited to be back for BerserkerDay 14!

:boom:COMMENT ON THIS POST TO ENTER OUR RAFFLE FOR A MAGNUM OF 2014 SAUNTER RED HEAD VINEYARD CLONE 685 CABERNET SAUVIGNON - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. :boom:

WOWZA! Thanks for the love, Berserkers!

Only a few bottles of the 2011 and 2017 Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon available.

PURCHASE HERE

SOLDOUT WINES

2017 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon $55/btl SOLDOUT
The 2017 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon shows excellent perfume, concentration, and depth with blackberry, currant, lavender, baking spices, licorice, roasted meats, and savory herbs. While still in a primary phase, there is no denying its potential. Give it a couple of years in the cellar and you will be generously rewarded over the following 15 years or more. DRINK/HOLD (2023 – 2038+)

2011 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon $55/btl SOLDOUT
“The inky/purple-colored 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon Red Head Vineyard exhibits knock-out aromas of sweet, briery, spicy black currant and raspberry fruit intertwined with intriguing underbrush and foresty notes. Long and rich, this in another winner. However, quantities of both of these wines are extremely small. Enjoy the Red Head Vineyards cuvee over the next 10-12 years.” 91 points ~Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate

2016 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon $55/btl - SOLDOUT
The 2016 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon is profoundly scented with lush blackberry and currant, lavender pastille, eucalyptus, and blood orange. Firmly structured and compact, the palate is a spring-loaded mixture of dark fruits, coffee, violet, and wet gravel that is champing at the bit to be released from its tannic grip. A generous decant does wonders to reveal its potential, and with another year or two in the cellar it will no doubt be singing for the next 15 years. DRINK/HOLD (2022 – 2037)

2016 SWAGGER CABERNET SAUVIGNON $41.25/btl (Original SRP is $55/btl) SOLDOUT
Made from 100% Cabernet Sauvignon grapes from the Eagle Summit Vineyard, clones 4 and 7 and the Redhead Vineyard, clone 685 by Thomas Brown, the 2016 Swagger Cabernet Sauvignon is a disarmingly soothing spread of freshly picked blackberries, Herbes de Provence, and cured meat, with a dusting of cocoa powder all over sandalwood. Blackberry stains the palate while the cured meat piles on its savory contribution just before they’re both inundated with herbs and spices and then truss tied with fine grained tannin. Approachable now, it will improve with a couple years in the cellar and age beautifully over the next decade or longer. DRINK/HOLD (2021 – 2031+)

2019 SWAGGER BORDEAUX BLEND $41.25/btl (Original SRP is $55/btl) SOLDOUT
The 2019 Swagger is a rich wine with a seductive nose of beautiful floral and spice notes, black cherry, blueberry pie, and hints of pencil lead. The palate displays characteristics of vibrant red and black fruits, dark chocolate, tobacco and crème de cassis. This full-bodied wine has a firm backbone and a velvety texture that coats the tongue with round tannins and a long and spicy finish. Lay this wine down for a few (or several) years, or enjoy it now with a 3+ hour decant. HOLD (2024-2034+)

2010 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
On the nose you’ll find notes of candy apple, baked red fruit and huckleberry rounded off with a trace of vanilla and spice. The palate is met with an elegant amalgamation of espresso, dark red and black fruits, and integrated tannins.

2010 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
Aromas of blueberry, sweet spice, orange peel, cherries and notes of nuttiness emanate from the glass. The 2010 Red Head Vineyard is an opulent wine that displays lush layers of dark chocolate, blackberry, cassis and cigar box. Lingering and elegant tannins finish this sophisticated and classy wine.

2011 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
“The 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon Eagle Summit Vineyard (100% Cabernet Sauvignon) is one of the finest 2011 Cabernets I have tasted. Boasting Thomas Brown as its winemaker, this is a great example of just how successful Howell Mountain was in 2011. The color is an opaque purple and the wine is rich, broad, authoritative, full-bodied, pure and ageworthy, yet accessible. One of the stars of the vintage, it should keep for 12-15 years.” 94 points ~ Robert Parker, The Wine Advocate

2012 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
The 2012 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon soars from the glass with a potent mix of crème de cassis, crushed violet pastille, clove, and just a pinch of brown sugar. Showing beautiful density and excellent concentration, the palate sings a savory tune of black fruit, mocha, charcoal, and au jus, while truffle, tilled earth, and eucalyptus harmonize in the background. The sweet, mountain tannins are etched in place providing the structure to take this the distance. Drink now or anytime over the next couple decades. DRINK/HOLD (2021 – 2041)

2012 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
The 2012 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon is just hitting its stride. The nose offers warmth and familiarity with an inviting blend of plum, blackberry, violets, and cherry tobacco with a side of graham cracker. The palate is a gracious yet plush display of balance, exhibiting an open knit tapestry of baked black fruits and loamy soil seasoned with baking spices and savory herbs. Drinking beautifully now, it will continue to provide plenty of enjoyment over the next 15 years. DRINK/HOLD (2021 – 2036)

2013 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
The 2013 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon is a massive powerhouse of wild black fruit, pencil shavings, eucalyptus, leather, and pipe tobacco, that’s tightly packed and notably austere. A double decant further yields ripe black cherry, cedar chest, and gravelly earth, but the firm tannin will need a few more years in the bottle before it relents. Time will generously reward those with patience. Hold for another three to five years before drinking over the next 15 or 20 years. HOLD (2024 – 2040+)

2013 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
The 2013 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon is hauntingly dark, strikingly powerful, and extraordinarily complex. Pure black fruits meld with fragrant licorice, fig paste, underbrush, leather, and tobacco with a sprinkle of baking spice. Brooding and savory on the palate, there’s an underpinning of chalky austerity that dissipates over time, revealing further complexity. Give it a couple more years in the cellar and you’ll be generously rewarded over the next couple decades. DRINK/HOLD (2023 – 2041)

2014 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
The 2014 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon is a gentle giant. Lifted aromatics of currant and cassis with a tinge of black cherry are set against a backdrop of soft spoken earthen minerality. Balanced and focused on the palate, the fruit is ethereal allowing the complexity to shine, further revealing steak tartare, licorice, sage, espresso with cocoa powder, and just a touch of crème brûlée. Approachable now with a decant, the tannins are integrating beautifully and will allow for at least a decade of enjoyment, if not longer. DRINK/HOLD (2021 – 2031+)

2014 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
The 2014 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon opens with a coy yet alluring mix of currant and coffee, before eventually revealing its savory side of plum, spice, salumi, tea leaf, and underbrush, with a beautiful accent of dusty, sun-soaked soil. The tannins are well integrated, but a couple more years in the cellar will really pull it together and provide at least a decade of enjoyment. DRINK/HOLD (2023 – 2033)

2015 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
Unctuous and opulent, yet brooding and savory, the 2015 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon is quintessential Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon. Luscious black fruit intertwines with violet, cedar, and truffle foreshadowing their appearance on the palate where the depth and complexity expands across elastic tannin to include eucalyptus, charcoal, and espresso all while seamlessly sauntering its way through the lengthy finish. Drink now or anytime over the next couple decades. DRINK/HOLD (2021 – 2041)

2015 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
The 2015 Saunter Red Head Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon permeates from the glass with lush plum and black cherry ganache, a dusting of cocoa powder, mint leaf, and sandalwood. The stunning core of generous fruit is both powerful and lush on the palate where it continues to unfold with cigar box, graham cracker, and cured meat all of which is encased in taut, fine grained tannin. A beautiful wine to watch unfold over a few hours in a decanter, it will continue to improve over the short term and easily provide more than 15 years of enjoyment. DRINK/HOLD (2021 – 2036+)

2016 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
The 2016 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon leaps from the glass with a decadent perfume of rich mocha, lush blackberry, black cherry ganache, savory herbs, charcoal, with forest floor, and cedar. Everything translates through to the palate where the flavors explode, cascading layer after layer until its velvet cushion of tannin eventually arrives. Anchored by its deft balance of fruit, wood, acid, tannin, and alcohol, it will continue to evolve over the next few years and drink beautifully over the following couple decades. DRINK/HOLD (2021 – 2041)

2017 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon SOLDOUT
The 2017 Saunter Eagle Summit Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon entices on the nose with blackberry, vanilla extract, flowers, tar, and sage, with a hint of blood orange. The palate presents a tightly wound core of black fruit, crushed rock, and underbrush. Slow to uncoil and buttressed by sturdy tannin, over time chocolate ganache and cocoa powder are revealed offering a glimpse into the enjoyment to come. Give it a couple of years in the cellar to evolve (or an extended decant) and then enjoy over the next couple decades. DRINK/HOLD (2023 – 2043)

We ship to the following states: AK, AL, AZ, CA (7.75% tax), CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MN, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY. We do not offer winery pick-up but are happy to deliver to Napa and Sonoma Counties.

As always, thank you for your interest and support of our wines! We love participating in BerserkerDay. Thank you, Todd, for making this such a fun day for everyone involved! :smiling_face:

Cheers,
Heather and Josh Clark

2 Likes

I have purchased Saunter wines from previous BerserkerDays and they are superb, especially at the discounted prices! If you like Howell Mountain Cabs, the Eagle Summit can’t be beat! Go for it!..

2 Likes

Just curious, I’m getting a message saying I need to select a bottle size when trying to buy the 2011 ESV.

Love some Saunter. Thanks!

1 Like

In for a few. Thanks for offering these awesome library wines.

1 Like

We’ve had a few of these wines over the years - and also their Swagger red. All are very well made, with the Eagle Summit showing great Howell Mtn. cab character at a Berserker Day price that is an unbelievable deal. Don’t hesitate, if you’re pondering a purchase.

Oh, and Heather is super responsive re: customer service. Always a plus!

1 Like

Order in. Thank you!

1 Like

Also having issue with it saying select abottle size…

I’m trying to order the 2011 howell (2) 2014 howell (2) and 2015 red head (2)

1 Like

In for a mixed case. This is the one I most look forward to each year. Thanks guys!

1 Like

Order in for some '13 and '15 Eagle Summit - nice to be able to get some with age on them!

1 Like

Didnt get the years I wanted…:frowning: but picked some up and Looking fwd to these bottles

1 Like

Loved your wines last year! Just re-stocked! Though clearly everyone else felt the same way as items kept disappearing from my cart… Thanks for the offers!

1 Like

Shoot, I didn’t finish my order and the wines I wanted sold out. Guess I gotta move faster! @hhclark any reloads tomorrow?

1 Like

One of my favorite BD purchases. Like others commented on, the wines are going fast and mist out on certain years.

1 Like

Saunter was one of my first ever BD purchases. Very happy!

2 Likes

Can you tell me how the 2017 Eagle Summit compares with the 14 and 15 (which I have purchased on previous BD’s)…Thanks!

Reload on Saunter… big fan of the wines! And wow, I also wasn’t fast enough on some wines in the offer.

1 Like

Wish this were the first link I opened, the back vintages of ESV were the ones I wanted.

1 Like

Rookie mistake on my first BD, missed my shot on the 2013 RHV! I’ll keep looking, thanks for making great wine!

1 Like

Shoot I’m sorry! Looking into it now.

1 Like