Sandlands Vineyards - Winter 2023 - Save the date TUESDAY, JANUARY 24TH

I’ve been buying from Sandlands from the start and have ordered every offer since. Was offered 3 Trouseau, 3 Cinsault, 1-Mencia, 1- Chenin and two Mataro. Wishlist 2 to fill out case. Very happy, though onesies can be tough if you don’t drink at correct time. But, so is life. Great wine for a great price.

1 Like

Same here, overall offer was smaller. But happy for three Trousseau and two Mataro, as those are my favorites.

By the way, WB saves the day, the offer had gotten snagged in my spam folder for some reason, so thanks for the reminder and for my not missing out.

1 Like

I too find it interesting how Sandlands fans, including ones of us who also love Loire Chenin, are so split on the Sandlands Chenin. I actually don’t love it, myself, and I’ve tried probably 5 or more bottles.

I mean, I think it’s well made, fairly priced and a decent drink, but it doesn’t move me somehow. Yet people I usually would agree with on here about such wines just adore it.

That’s wine for you, I guess, and at least it shows we are all following our palates and basing decisions on what we experience in the glass.

I have many friends who only drink whites (I’m almost entirely a red drinker). The Chenin blanc have been great for dinners. Very food friendly. Bummer to hear the Lodi will be gone. But, the Napa whites recently was a very elegant and beautiful. And, drinking historic wines helps make them a bit more special. Always a great deal!

Banking on getting some or all of my wish list to get up to a case. Too many interesting wines so I had to try to concentrate on ones I’ve either hoped to try before or know I will love (like the Cinsaut). The shipping prices, though, are nuts - even with the 20% subsidy - and I hope they can find a vendor that offers better value for future offers.

Out of me and my two friends our total Carignane allocation was 2 bottles. A bit sad since that is my favorite wine of all from sandlands but happy to see plentiful trousseau in all of our offers. I have always preferred the amador chenin so less bummed about our 2 bottle total there!

2 Likes

I think most wineries subsidize shipping, so this is probably the “real”rate. Buy Rhys, shipping included.

My one complaint is that I don’t know what their shipping thresholds are. I couldn’t find it so if someone has the info and I missed it, please correct me.

If I order 6 and wait-list 1 and then get it, does that move to a 9-bottle shipper? A 12? Should I have tried for 9? Honestly, I wish I knew.

1 Like

The release email said they were subsidizing 20%, otherwise I’d also have assumed that was the rack rate given how high it is.

I’ve tried to sort that out by adding more bottles to see how the shipping changes. It’s a bit of a pain but hardly difficult. I’d also prefer they just list the shipping rates. I can tell you that a 7-pack to SoCal was $45, and I’d expect a full case to only be a few $ more.

I went big on the last release so I kept it to six bottles for this one.
1 x Syrah
1 x Mencia
1 x cinsault
2 x mataro
1 x carignane

It’s difficult when you aren’t allocated that much and waitlist wines aren’t added to the shipping total of your allocations.

2 Likes

In this boat too. $40 shipping for 4 bottles to SF is steeper than I’d prefer. Still pondering as a result.

I (probably incorrectly) figured that since I got allocated a full case of the Lodi Red that most people got a decent allocation there. I’ve not been buying that long.

1 Like

I was only allocated 8 total, which isn’t surprising since I was only allocated 4 on my first buy. Just didn’t know how many to waitlist and at what cost.

1 Like

FWIW, I always put in a note that I want to make sure I can fill up my case. Regardless of cost, it’s always the most cost effective answer for shipping. Once I was completely let down on my wish list because every single bottle sold out during the initial offer time, but the last couple offers I’ve gotten my wish list filled. These quantities are way up - especially the Lodi red, so if your order got in early you will likely get some or all of your wish list items.
They’re also really good at answering emails and customer service in general.

Bought 10 bottles. $357 total including tax and shipping (mostly $30 bottles too). Wine like this, out the door, for under $36 is what I’m looking for! Thank you Tegan!

$46 shipping for 4 bottles to me (Illinois). I wish listed a few, asked them to max it at six bottles.

Pretty much the same here.

Not including the red blend I was only allocated 4 and could wish list 4 which I did and took 2 of the red blend. Bummed I was allocated none of the white.

1 Like