3 barrels produced
~
2021 Contra Costa County Mataro
7 barrels produced
~
2021 San Luis Obispo Syrah
5 barrels produced

SHIPPING:

Wines will begin shipping the week of March 22nd.

2 Likes

21 barrels of trousseau. Looking forward to that.

1 Like

I just realized this is days before Berserker Day.

1 Like

Lots of producers announce before Berserkerday. :sunglasses:

They’re afraid no money will be left

1 Like

This seems to happen every year. Don’t know what you’re cellar capacity or buying strategies are, but my advice based on years of experience is to keep your powder dry, because this only happens once a year.

Definitely a buyer on the Carignane and Trousseau… in the past I was less excited about Lodi Red and Lodi Chenin, but had one of each in the last year that kinda changed my mind. I’ve been buying my meager allocations of Syrah since 2016 but haven’t consume one yet. Will continue that trend!

I’ve only purchased and consumed one Mataro that was certainly oxidized when I opened… maybe faulty closure as storage and all were good. Will see whether I get back in

Could be one (if not “the”) best bargain going in California. I very quietly buy, consume…then “bless” Tegan for keeping his prices sane. Unlike many on this board, I adore his Chenin Blanc…particularly with some age, but all his wines are banging’.

3 Likes

They’re all great wines. Despite being a regular buyer, didn’t get any offer this release. Tegan - is this the cold shoulder I get because I asked about getting some from Kirschenman? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not to fear, offer opens on the 24th.

1 Like

I really like the chenins too. Can’t ever figure why people on here who like the same stuff I do in the Loire don’t like the sandlands ones. Oh well

1 Like

offering is live. Well pleased I got 2 Trousseau & Mataro.

1 Like

Was hoping for, but certainly not expecting, the Mencia. Love that grape.

Email didn’t come through for me but I logged in and was able to order. I always love the Trousseau and Cinsault from this release.

I’ve never been offered so many reds before. It’s beginning to feel a lot like Bedrock! Very happy.

1 Like

Have quite a bit of Sandlands in the cellar so while I’d love to buy more, i had to show some restraint and focused on the Mencia. So pumped to try that!

1 Like

tegan must be working on the text of the offer email. Sad to see that this would be the last vintage of the Lodi Chenin for at least the foreseeable future

2 Likes

Only got 1 bottle/1WL Trousseau and 1 bottle/1WL of the Cinsault. Bummed to not get offered any Mencia, but with these wines I’m always happy to get what I get.

Offer is live! Bought almost a case; hope my wishlists go through to round it out to an even 12.

Super excited that the trousseau is back and it was interesting to learn the origins of the other grapes. From the offer email:

“The Sonoma County Mencia was offered to me by Mr. Andy Smith who planted the Mencia for his DuMOL wines. The Stolo vineyard Syrah was offered to me by Raj Parr who is currently stewarding this amazing coastal property. We also welcome the return of our Sonoma Coast Trousseau noir.”

1 Like

Ordered:

2 Red
2 Mataro
2 Trousseau

Not offered any Mencia or Carignane.

1 Like