San Francisco Wine Dinner/Tasting (Thursday, April 13th)

Thank you very much @Yule_Kim for organizing the tasting event tonight! It was great seeing some familiar faces again and meeting new ones. Let‘s do it again soon!

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like

A great dinner. Master class in Riesling and great people. Very fun! Ended too soon!

1 Like

Thanks Yule for organizing and wonderful meeting you all. Btw, which one of you is Mr Howden on CT and how did you get your notes up so quickly! :joy:

1 Like

Thank you for everyone for attending! I appreciate everyone’s generosity and company last night. It was a blast!

I will try to write something about the dinner on the Wine Talk board in the next day or so, but I lost track of a lot of the wines, so my comments will be abbreviated and won’t include detailed tasting notes – just generalized observations. Once you see it, please feel free to add your thoughts and insights.

And hopefully we can do this again soon – maybe May or June (though I know summer vacations may make that tricky). Let me know your preferences on when if you want to do another dinner like this again.

Thank you again!!

Yule

1 Like

I’m Richard Howden. Made up name when I started using CT and never bothered to make a different account. And now all my data is in there. Sadly I didn’t take notes on all 18 bottles last night! But I always try to get my notes up quickly while I can still more or less remember some details about wines.

1 Like

Thank you! Looking forward to the next one - we’re traveling in May but June would be wonderful

1 Like

I’m sad I missed this. Will someone be doing a write-up? I heard Falkenstein was opened!!

2 Likes

Only 4 Falkensteins. Thank you Yule for hosting a great event. Really nice job for your innaguaral Berzerker dinner.

2 Likes

I believe several folks have posted notes on Cellartracker – if you look up Gisela, Meyer Nepal, or Onkel Peter ('21 vintages) you’ll be able to click through and read their write ups – and then read their other tasting notes about the other wines.

I’m going to start a thread on general observations about the wines we had in the next day or so.

Hopefully we can meet up at the next dinner!

Yule

1 Like

Thank you Bill! You helped me get the ball rolling! I appreciate you being the first to reach out.

Awesome Yao! I’ll definitely post something about June in the next couple of weeks.

I’m looking forward to the next dinner!