SAM WOO Offline (Irvine, CA); Saturday, February 25th - ROLLCALL!

Pretty nice options, Fred, we may have to invite you back!

I think the Barolo, Bordeaux, or Burgundy would be very welcome. And the Prum also would be interesting.

As JJ said, bring what you think will make you a hero

Juyuan, thanks for organizing this btw. I’m asking not because I’m worried but because I’d rather bring something people are interested in trying.

One vote for the 2005 Pichon Baron noted… [cheers.gif]

Jim- Sh*t! Sorry man, I think I’m drinking my hero bottle right now…1998 Vieux Telegraphe La Crau…unfortunately, my only bottle.

We can always count onnjuyuan bringing something corked, oxidized or bad :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem, Fred…

Your WOTY, the 95 La Mish, is definitely a great bottle. I’ve enjoyed it twice, and the last time, about 5 years ago, it was still young.

The 95 LMHB was magical with dinner at LQ@SK several months ago with 3 hours of slow ox and over the course of the 2 hour dinner. It just got bigger and more complex as the meal progressed. Every time I tried it, it smelled and tasted different. Definitely still young and I’m kicking myself for not loading up on it when I had the chance…can’t find a drop of that in town these days…had to settle for a 6 pack of 2004s.

Good thing none of those was a corked mag of Burgundy… neener [snort.gif]

i bring corked for the masses [snort.gif]

Will be flying home from Hawaii that day. Doh!

Aloha!

Leslie

I’m flying solo for this offline. Wife is taking daughter to a play date dinner.

party all night you and I. I’ll bring the corked maggies.

What time will you be landing . . . ?

11:30 pm LAX

Which one of you want to pick me up? With clubs, camera gear and clothes checked in I am pretty sure we can make it back by 2am or so!

Who’s with me ?!

Are those crickets?

Looks like I’ll be living a mile from you after all . . . no picking my oranges!! neener

your orange tree is going to be picked clean.

Please add myself + 1 to the list. Thanks!

Ryan and Ryan +1 added.
Neito added.

Thanks!

Good to see Clem on board!

Looks like a great group again, JJ! I’m looking forward to seeing everyone and stuffing ourselves.

Any particular theme in mind here? Yes I know you want me to bring Champagne Dietz, but I do have other tasty wines.

No theme, just bring what you like. I’m bringing a white and red Burg. The white will be a 08 J.M. Boillot Batard-Montrachet and I haven’t decided what red to bring yet.

Jay, that 96 Krug you brought for the last offline ruined my wife. She loved it. Been asking me to source some ever since.

The theme is, bring good wines for Dr. Kim’s table and bring corked wines for Juyuan’s table flirtysmile