Recent vintage wines that are no longer made. Modern unicorns

bevan tinbox was pulled up after '15. being replanted, but still.

French estates now absorbed into other producers

La Tour Haut Brion
Magdelaine
l’Arrosee
Tertre Daugay
Certan Giraud

After battling what I think was probably Pierce’s Disease for 4 or 5 vintages Westerhold finally tore out all of their Syrah plantings on their property in Bennett Valley in 2016 and replaced them with Chardonnay. Their Syrah in cooler years was absolutely revelatory, made by Russell Bevan but not at all a powerhouse, pure finesse. When we found out they were done producing Syrah we bought a bunch of the 2011 but they had sold through most of it by that point.

Match Vineyards
Olson Ogden

Well, you forgot Zepaltas.

whatever happened to Coleman Nicole PN?

LLtD

Ramey Jericho Canyon cabs. Spectacular under their winemaking, but I was not impressed years ago with what the estate owners did with the fruit. Maybe it has improved, so I will try again.

Merry Edwards Olivet Lane Vineyard Pinot, at least for now.

Wasn’t 2014 the last vintage for the Varner Amphitheater, Bee and Home block Chardonnays?

All the Bruno Giacosa non-estate-owned vineyards, esp. Rionda, Rocche di Castiglione Falletto, Villero, and Santo Stefano. [cry.gif] [cray.gif]

Anything made by Didier Dagueneau…not his son, but the mad-man himself…they’re getting harder and harder to find.

Lorenzo Accomasso Barolo
Cantillon Gueuze
Enderle & Moll Ménage à Trois
Musar (vintages that were made by Serge)
Prince Florent de Merode Corton (any of their Grand Crus)

Carlisle Gum Tree Ranch.

Lalou bize-Leroy is well into her 80s. I wonder what will happen when she retires…

screaming eagle sauv blanc

wait … what?!?

I was just about to post same, Dottore Ken. In particular the Collina Rionda, which is a long story on how access to this unique terroir

Nice one. Loved that wine.

Chateau La Tour du Pin - Absorbed into Cheval Blanc and now I believe a majority of the vineyards are being used to make ‘Le Petit Cheval’ Blanc (white). The 2010 La Tour Du Pin is incredibly good for the price if you can find it.