R.I.P. Patty Green

Wow Jim! My deepest sympathy. Shocking news. It feels like only a short time ago, we shared a dinner with Patty telling stories about her career path (mocassins included)…somehow putting up with you…and vice versa. Through the many years of persistent teamwork, she elevated PGC to the upper tier of Willamette Valley winemaking. It seemed like she was at the top of her game and only getting better! This is truly terrible news.

Stunned.

RT

My condolences to Jim and the PGC team.

Sincere sympathies.

What Mr. Trimpi said. I find it a bit interesting that Jim remarked that Patty never prioritized receiving winemaking acclaim. She never got it. But why? I mean, holy sh*t, from the grace and funk of the much-missed Four Winds to the power of the Balcombe 1B to the somewhere in-between of the Etzel Block, Patty made incredibly flavorful and interesting wines and never got much acclaim as a noted Oregon pinot producer while many others-with no better track record-have. And now it’s too late and I assume Jim is right that it would not have been a big deal if she had. I am meandering. This hits me hard 'cause I am such a fan of the wines.

Very sad to hear

Jim, I’m so sorry to hear about this loss for you and the whole team there. I wish you and everyone involved all the best.

A huge loss for Oregon wine and the people involved in it. RIP Patty.

just awful. condolences.

Never met her but enjoyed her wines many times. The Berserker Cuvee is my “go to” house pinot. I will hoist a glass of it for her tonight.

Jim, I’m so sorry.

7 or so years ago I knew nothing about wine, other than I either liked a wine or I didn’t. My wife was the geek.

I remember being at a work dinner one night and recognizing a name on the wine list - the first time I’d ever actually remembered a wine that my wife had previously pointed out. It was Patricia Green. I don’t remember anything else about the bottle other than for the first time I’d recalled some random thought related to wine.

The bottle was reasonably priced, I ordered it, and everyone at the table thought I was a genius (and, I liked the wine). That may have been my first exposure to Patricia Green, and to Oregon Pinot as well. Certainly not my last. What a journey it’s been for me since. I’m very thankful to Ms Green, and to you Jim, for that.

Sorry for your loss.

Very sad news indeed. My wife and I were just at the winery back in May and had a wonderful visit. My condolences to you Jim and the rest of the Patricia Green Cellars team.

It sounds like hers was a life well lived! RIP Patty Green. [cheers.gif]

A very touching and personal remembrance, Jim, I really feel for you. So very sorry to hear this. My condolences. Wishing you peace in the difficult days ahead.

Very sorry to hear the news, Jim. We each have our own journey, and our own time when that journey ends. Her’s was a uniquely pioneering one in her own special way.

RIP. Sorry for your loss.

Did she have kids?

Sorry for the loss, Jim. Best to you and family.

This is so sad. I didn’t know Patty well, but she was always cheerful, helpful, and had a great sense of humor. She was one of the Valley’s iconic winemakers. Sorry for the loss, Jim.

We’ve been fans for years.
Condolences to you and the winery family.

Very sorry for your loss Jim. Condolences to you and the rest of the PGC team.