R.I.P. Patty Green

Wow. Terrible news. My condolences.

Praying for both you and Patty

Jim, so sorry to hear and so sorry for your loss. I’ll be opening a bottle of your pinot in her honor.

Jim, that was a beautifully written tribute. Thank you for sharing. My condolences.

Jim sorry about your loss. My friend Brian Bangs from Pat Kerns, MN (unfortunately passed a few years back) introduced me to Patricia Green wines many years ago and really enjoyed the Panama White along with the great Pinots.

Sincere condolences from my family to both yours and Patty’s Jim. I was actually close to Roseburg when I got the email and pulled over upon receiving it. So young to pass, such a loss for our state.

Condolences to Patty’s family and to her winery family.
Peter

• 2013 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Berserkers’ Cuvée - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (11/7/2017)
    Opened in tribute to Patty Green’s passing. Cherry, red berry, clean earth on the nose, medium body, nice fruit, savory notes and a bit of complexity from the clean dirt follows through on the palate, nicely balanced with crisp acidity. Excellent.

Contemplating the circle of life while watching the tears streaming down the sides of the glass, it’s as if the wine is crying for its creator. RIP Patty Green.

Posted from CellarTracker

I’m sorry for your loss, Jim.

So sorry Jim. She will be missed. RIP Patty.

I’m shocked and saddened to read this. So sorry Jim.

Sorry for your loss Jim. Raising a glass of '14 Olenik in Patty’s honor. RIP

I know my words are insufficient to help, but my deepest condolences to you, Jim, and the rest of the PGC team. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know you all. Still crack up every time I remember the time I met her. Popped a '14 Etzel Block to raise a glass.

Sorry to hear this. I enjoyed visiting her/your winery during an open house in 2016. A friend took a picture of Patty and me.

It’s the end of a really long day here. Well, end of the day physically at the winery. I think there is probably still a ways to go in reality. I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here who has posted or at least read the first part of the thread. This has been a very painful day for everyone here. We have had to tell so many good people such awful, abrupt news and with no details at all and that has not made for a smooth day. We have had here, on Instagram, Facebook, through our public email, through my semi-private one and through phone calls (yep, people still make them) such an amazing outpouring of condolences, expressions of love for Patty and every positive emotion imaginable. While probably under-acknowledged by us simply because there were so many they have all been well received and helpful.

It is nice to know that there is something more to wine than just the wine itself. The connection that wittingly or unwittingly happens between the producer and certain consumers runs truer and deeper than just the simple transaction of creation and consumption. It is truly nice to know that there are people who have never even met Patty or myself out there opening bottles of Patricia Green Cellars tonight because it means something more to them than how it goes with their dinners. I am quite sure I have never experienced a day with such feelings of loss, sadness, emptiness and frustration that were countered by so, so many positive wishes and thoughts. Thank you everyone who even briefly skimmed through this and thought about it for a bit. It means a lot.

Such a loss. We met her about five years ago at the winery and she had an entertaining, dry wit.

Sorry for your loss.

[shock.gif]

Jim, I have never met you or Patty, but I sure have enjoyed a lot of your wine. I’ll open another bottle tonight in both of your honor. Hang in there.

Michael

Jim, so sorry for your loss. My condolences to the greater Patty Green family.