PSA: First Bottle Wines Sale

As long as this thread has resurfaced: 15% off everything with code CYBERVINO23

1 Like

Still live. Reloaded on the Silver Mountain Pinot Noir 2013.

They are having a Cayuse sale

Any ideas on today’s mystery bottle? I found Dry Creek and Phelps as having 50th anniversary 2019 vintages. Phelps matches better, but price doesn’t seem right. Any other contenders?

Also looks like Phelps only made theirs in magnum. This is a tough one.

Conn Creek LXXIII Cabernet Sauvignon is a possibility. Lines up on price and oak aging.

2 Likes

My mind went to Cakebread. They opened in 1973, are considered “green” and offered a 2021 vintage 50th anniversary Chardonnay set. So a 2019 Cabernet would make sense for 2023….

They are also mid valley.

Phelps was 24 months in new oak, where this is 20. Price doesn’t line-up either.

J Jaggers for the win with Conn Creek. Price and barrel info line-up.

2 Likes

Yep–looks like a match with Conn Creek and LastBottle has been selling a lot of their wines lately. Winery is closed to visitors. Has it been sold and cleaning out stock?

3 Likes

Ah yes, this exact wine was offered during the last Last Bottle marathon. Makes sense…

And their website says they were the first green winery! :boom:

1 Like

NYC Private Equity owns the enterprise and is focused on selling off all non-Pac NW ventures. Makes sense Conn has sold or will be soon.

Conn Creek was sold back in Feb by Ste. Michelle Wine Estates (owned by sycamore partners) to Third Leaf Partners. They seem to have mothballed it and are selling off inventory.

Third leaf are seasoned in wine and I am sure will do something pretty cool with the site.

2 Likes