PSA: 2017 Rusack Estate Syrah for $7.99 at Grocery Outlet

I found the 2017 Rusack Ballard Canyon Estate Syrah at Grocery Outlet yesterday for the ridiculous price of $7.99. Every now and then you can find some crazy deals on wines from good produces, for various reasons. This one is great, typical SBC syrah goodness that normally retails for $25-30. There were a few cases available at the Moorpark, CA location.

If you enjoy SBC syrah and have a Grocery Outlet store nearby I highly suggest stopping by this weekend to look out for this one. Inventory varies by location so no guarantee it will be in stock, but worth checking.

Happy hunting!

3 Likes

Whoa, nice! I really like their syrah. Ballard Canyon is great for that.

1 Like

I picked up 8 - all my local GO had, found some more, but left them as i’m out of space in LA

Found some gems that didn’t belong at Grocery Outlet over the years, but they have been harder to come by more recently… Will have have to seek this one out.

1 Like

Picked up a couple at my local GO, they appeared to be going fast. Only about half a case left on Sunday night.

This is an outrageously good deal on a very good Syrah. I picked up a few bottles about a year ago and paid $36/btl, which is still a good deal for this wine.

1 Like

It’s always a good idea to hit Grocery Outlet in any specific location to see what they may have. Kinda reminds me of Trader Joes back in the day - when ‘closeouts’ would show up there because there were not many other avenues to make them go away . . .

Cheers

1 Like

No Rusack at SoPas on Huntington. They do have 2020 Stemmler Lawler PN for $15

2 Likes

Picked up 16 bottles at GO in the Allied Gardens store. Left 5 bottles, can’t be piggish!:wink:

Many thanks to the OP.

1 Like

Mel liked it so much, she went to the store and was able to find 18 more bottles. Good wife.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see many of you were able to pick some up at your local stores. I went back to the Moorpark location and they still had some so picked up another 8 bottles, and got an extra 10% off because it was Wine Wednesday. Score!

4 Likes

Picked up 6 at Lake Forest, which usually has very little of interest or sells out in a day. Irvine was sold out yesterday. Thanks for the heads up!

An sighting in NorCal?

There’s some in South San Jose / Santa Teresa as of Wednesday night

Just picked up 2 in Santa Cruz. Thanks for the tip.

Agree with the comment about how Grocery Outlet reminds me of the old Trader Joes. Growing up we used to go to the original store in Pasadena and were often able to find
find close out deals on good juice.

I spied some, (at least a case) in the Arcadia GO over the weekend

I picked up 6 in South San Jose. Still about a case left. First bottle is nice but a little bretty.

There were some at the Oakland store (29th/Broadway) last week.

1 Like

Several cases on the floor at Roseville, CA (on Douglas).
For dedicated Groce Out followers, also an ample selection of the previously discussed Rock Wall stuff.

How is that Stemmler ?