PSA: 2017 Rusack Estate Syrah for $7.99 at Grocery Outlet

also with the impending wine sale (11/2) upon us, anything good spied ?|

1 Like

Some OC stores still have several Rockwall wines, most at $12.99, so $10.39 on sale.

1 Like

A lot of selections vary from store to store, and new selections are probably rolling in right now, right before the sale. At the San Luis Obispo store on Saturday, there wasnā€™t much new out yet, and none of it caught my eye.

The Rusack is an option, and for inexpensive winter reds, I might be tempted to pick up a little more of the 2017 Domaine Terlato & Chapoutier Shiraz L Block ($15, pre-sale) and 2018 Mercer Cabernet Sauvignon Robert Willis Homestead Collection ($8). Iā€™ve heard mention of some Ken Volk wines showing up at other locations and maybe a couple of interesting rosĆ©s, but I didnā€™t see any at our location.

1 Like

I didnā€™t try it, sorry

Iā€™ve been enjoying the 2013 Portia Riberia del Duero Crianza lately. Probably sold out at most locations, but Iā€™ll buy more if I can find it. Tristan in Palo Alto usually keeps the best selection in stock of any GO in the area.

Just picked up a bunch of Auburn James Cabernet 2015 - $6 run donā€™t walk, worth the $4.80 a bottle

Bought two of the Auburns today to try. First one was corked, havenā€™t tried the second. Canā€™t say Iā€™d run for this one (California appellation), but at $4.80, who cares.

2 Likes

If you bring back the corked one they will refund you

1 Like

I bought 1 of the Auburn cabs yesterday and opened it last night. Not impressed at all, tastes like cheap over the hill plonk. Hopefully just bottle variation and others have a better experience.

3 Likes

Reno area stores have Lost Slough from Clarksburg, CA. Minimal intervention philosophy. I bought a variety of whites and the Falanghina is excellent.

Those are from Dancing Coyote. They own the Lost Slough vineyard, I believe. If the price is Wright, could be an excellent pickup.

1 Like

$3.99!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tried a few more of the wines I picked up at the GO sale.
2015 Burgess Cellars Topography: A winner for me, nice balanced Bordeaux blend that normally retails for ~$50 and is selling for $16 during the sale. Bought 2 more today.
2018 Firesteed Willamette Valley Pinot Noir: Terrible. Smoky and disjointed.
2013 Kenneth Volk Touriga Nacional: Pretty good, needed some air to open up. Iā€™m not familiar with this variety so hard to judge.
2018 Lachini Pinot Gris Oregon: Light fruit with high acidity. Good food wine. Great price at $4 during the sale.
2011 Grape Republic (Lachini) Pinot Noir: Easy drinking light Oregon pinot noir. Simple but tasty and under $6 during sale so definitely one to buy.

I also picked up a bottle each of 2015 Chateau Bardoulet ($15), 2016 Nevada City Winery Syrah Sierra Foothills ($4), 2011 Lachini Pinot Noir Estate ($8), and Pacheca 10 year tawny port ($16) but havenā€™t tried any yet.

*edited to add that these were picked up at the Camarillo and Moorpark GO locations in southern California

1 Like

Try Result of a Crush if you want some killer Syrah for under $25 a bottle with shipping and tax. 12 bottles in the fall and 12 in the spring with free shipping. The first and only wine club I am a member of. Wine Club || Result of a Crush (obtainwine.com)