Producers you are currently boycotting?

I really need to try one of “that guy’s” wine one of these days!

That Holdredge guy told me, if he wanted any more sh!t outta you he was gonna beat it out!

Evening Land
Brewer-Clifton

And of course Loring because he is always mean, not generous and has a terrible policy regarding off bottles.

Jason

I am boycotting anything connected with Brewer-Clifton due to their obnoxious purging of customers who dared not worship their wines in public reviews. I wasn’t on their mailing list but that’s a permanent decision for retail, auction and restaurants unless I see them publicly repudiate those choices.

The Donelan wines sound interesting, but I haven’t tried any, I think because I resent their pretending to have limited supply at $60-90 (the fake waiting list game, which I fell for) during the Pax era but also because it appears that a number of people more in the know took Pax’s side in the divorce. If their pricing was a step lower I might forgive and forget, but that’s an easy pass.

I shifted quickly away from Alban and Kistler due to their hostage policies, not sure that’s a boycott but close enough. I’m plenty materialistic, but I draw the line at wineries unwilling to sell to people spending less than $1000/year, which to me implicitly admits that their price point is buttressed by an excess of point chasing millionaires and not simply supply (they both had short waiting lists) and quality. But I might live with it if I didn’t think the wines were also overrated / mediocre QPRs.

Peay

[bullshit.gif]

or, really you are?!? [shock.gif]

I had the the same experience with him too must have taken lessons from Neal [snort.gif] neener

Interesting. I’d be curious as to why. I am troubled by the 08 Pinots in regards to smoke problems and have stopped buying Pinot from Peay. But that’s also because I am overweighted in Pinot and somewhat preferred the wines of other producers near that price point. I still love their whites, and have had good service interactions with them. Early reviews didn’t mention smoke, so I wonder if the winery honestly believed that the smoke exposure was minimal wouldn’t affect the wines when they released them, but are now regretting that decision. Or maybe they weren’t well capitalized enough to throw out the entire 07 Pomarium (TCA) followed by the entire 08 Pinot crop. In any case, $50/bottles of wine need to be consistently great given the competition.

FYI, I am currently enjoying an 09 Peay Viognier obtained on the secondary market. None of my Peay Viogniers have lasted more than a year and this is equally good or better than the 6 bottles I got direct and consumed younger. The nose is more open and floral while the palate retained its citrus verve and mineral inflection. Awesome stuff.

And somehow I was led to believe he was an A+++++++++++++guy. Guess that proves you can’t believe everything you read online. [snort.gif]

No more calls, please.

[winner.gif]

Peter Cargasacchi is evil. He uses virgins to pick fruit and perform other sadistic acts during harvest. He likes to cook endangered species. Oh, and he doesn’t bring wine to wine dinners. Not even his own plonk.

Lavazza, because the can has gone from 16 oz. to 8 oz. now, and the price from $2.49 to $7.49.

Ben and Jerry, because Jerry is such a dick.

You didn’t limit it to wine “producers”. [basic-smile.gif]

You should have angry sex with him.

Ch Ducru Beaucaillou-they had something wrong with their cellars and took over 3 years to fix-but sold all of their wines from 1988-90 to unsuspecting customers. Many are corked/off.
Ch Clinet-multiple corked bottles from multiple vintages.

[rofl.gif]

Yellow Tail.
They kicked me off their list - now I just get postcards.

Droin and Colin-Deleger because of premox and lack of accepting responsibility for the problem
alan

Pride (I know I’ll get hammered for this). Was on the reserve list for a few years and bought the claret and cab reserve, visited the winery, bought a ton of stuff. Then I left the country for a few years, kept buying their wines, but at retail, and asked to be back on the reserve list when I moved back to the US - was told I would have to work my way back on it with all the regular bottle purchases for several years. Not quite what I remember the joint being like when Tim took my wife and I around the vineyards in his truck. It is their right to throw me off the list, but it was a bit of a shocker, and I can’t bring myself to drink their wines to this day. Maybe I’m being unreasonable.

Joseph Phelps for the way they treated Tom Shelton and Craig Williams.

Great post Scott [cheers.gif] Couldn"t agree more!!!