Pre Berserker Day Shout Outs -- What are you excited about?

Those look interesting, and challenging. How were they!?

1 Like

Vincent!

7 Likes

What do you like now?

1 Like

Tercero
Coterie

2 Likes

Honestly, im not sure if ill ever open them! More just really cool examples of early CA winemaking history! :cheers:

1 Like

In case you have not noticed, the above wines are all SCREWCAPS from the 40s and 50s

Most folks are not familiar with Roma which was the largest producer in CA in mid 50s. IIRC, they were located in Modesto, is that correct Rich?
Cribari is still in production, but the Santoni I believe faded into the sunset.

I may be selling the last couple of oldies from the Davis Cellar I own on BD!5.

5 Likes

Shhh, we don’t talk about what we are selling on BerserkerDay

3 Likes

Kevin,

I will shamelessly throw my hat in the ring here as well. Most of what I release is drinking wonderfully now but will still benefit from clear aging . . .

Cheers

1 Like

And check out the color from the Roma bottle under screw cap! Pretty amazing!

And they were actually in Fresno the bottle says Richard.

Last but not least…the last oldies from the UC Davis Cellar!?! Lets freaking go buddy!!

3 Likes

Cabot sparkler is the bomb and you don’t need to wait for BD15, I’ve reloaded.

It’ll be very interesting to taste Goodfellow and Cabot side by side blind. They are very similar is style and quality which is to say they’re amazing

1 Like

Sadly my family was not as in love with the intense dry aged flavors of flannery so I’m very excited to try Morgan Ranch this time around.

Otherwise I look forward to Oregon offers, DICO, and 1-2 new discoveries.

I do not need more stemware…I do not need more stemware…(rocking back and forth)

2 Likes

we just opened our first '14 a week ago, just outstanding.

1 Like

my wife is moving away from this as well.

Franny Beck / “OUR wines” - tremendous value, IMHO, and can be enjoyed now or later.

3 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it. Such a great story. Mountain man makes grower champagne in the backwoods :crazy_face:

5 Likes

My wife and I have been off put by the Flannery aromas and flavors as well. I know we’re in the minority but we are just in that camp. I talked to Katie a few times and tried different stages of aging but could never escape the reaction we had. I’ve never experienced this with any other beef.

We’ve been buying Morgan Ranch the last few years and they have been nothing short of fantastic every time.

5 Likes

I ordered Morgan Ranch for the first time last year and it was amazing. I love Flannery too but the aged quality isn’t for everyone.

4 Likes

Brut nature?

2 Likes

I want to add Franny Beck also. And some meat.

1 Like

Having tasted the Cabot and several Goodfellow without dose, I’d say that the Cabot is more “shrill” to my tastes. And I believe that Goodfellow is considering adding a couple of g/l dosage so it won’t be Brut nature.

2 Likes