Pound eviscerated: buying opportunity in the UK

So what.

Again you are coming up with some really unfounded crap. When did I say that this only makes sense when you buy pallets? You can import from the U.K. by the case, and it will probably be cheaper.

As for being the only one on these boards interested in buying from Britain, I have had several pms and e mails from people who would like to. Please stop the snide comments and unfounded assumptions, particularly as you seem to have no idea what the hell you are taking about.

Mark - do you think if Trump imposes tarriffs on French wine that will extend to French wine being reimported from the UK? I saw that the US is going after some Chinese steel producers who smuggled their metal into Mexico and then on to the US.

Yep, thanks for the tip! I wouldn’t have bothered being on the lookout and doing the math. Usually I gloss over duty free.

That’s obviously the reference, and the clear implication makes it political.
It’s also dumb - Soros is not British.

God, I never even thought about this. Interesting, will get back to you after I talk to the shipper

So, the post did not apply to you. Ignore it and go on. No reason to make an obnoxious post. All you are doing is acting like a jealous little person.

My offsite in NJ lets me buy by the bottle in UK and by case in Paris. It took research but its doable.

Hey Greg…totally missed your earlier comment in the thread. Funny or really sad how many folks think he is British though…

I bought 4 cases of 88 Krug from London once and split it with friends. Some people only took 3 bottles (we all wish we would have bought triple what we did, the price was sooo cheap)

So I would say most people have the resources, whether one is willing to make the effort is the question.

All good.

Not surprising; charm, good looks, intelligence, yak palates etc.

If I wasn’t waiting to see what all my final hospital expenses will be I’d be buying a case or two.

Hands off our wines!!!

[stirthepothal.gif] Having the Yanks coming in and buying everything in sight will seem just like old times.

Might be able to help you with that Hardy. Shoot me an email if you’re interested.

If and when Trump does levy the tariffs, they will be subject to the same amount as the fresh imports coming from France. If the wine comes by sea, and if the tariffs are imposed between leaving and their arrival, they will still be subject.

how do you folks purchase from the UK to avoid the credit card transaction fees? I noticed a wire I have set up for a purchase has 3% embedded in the FX rate, and a retailer says my Debit card keeps showing up as a Credit Card (with a necessary 3% fee to tack on)

Use credit cards with no foreign transaction fees.

Two retailers have told me they charge 3% for using a non-debit card, (i.e. a credit card)