PLCB now using reviews by Frank Murray!!!

Went over to my local Pennsylvania Wine and Spirits Shoppe today - mainly to sit in the really cool room to get out of the heat.
Wandered around the “chill room” a bit - this is where they usually have the finer wines. What did I see? There was a stack of Novy Syrah. And on the info sheet for the wine was a big review — 90 points…lots of flowery verbiage - then the author: FRANK MURRAY!!! Right up there with Tanzer, Spectator, and others.

Anyway – didn’t buy the wine. Sorry Frank.

(they must have taken it from CT).

Maybe they’re referring to FMIII’s grandfather? Maybe he was a big shot wine critic back in the day.

Wow - are they allowed to not only take the notes from CT but also the author’s name without permission?

Funny thing is that Frank doesn’t usually assing points to his reviews. [scratch.gif]

In fact - looking at his Novy reviews - I didn’t see any points at all. Maybe he has a side gig with PLCB and is giving them scores??

Tasting Notes from 'Novy Family Wines' - CellarTracker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sweet. If he gets really lucky they might pay him for video ID/sobriety checks and live-recommendations at the new auto-Kiosks. Frank only has to pick from < 60 wines that way.

RT

THIWWP

As Frank’s exclusive agent, let me register my shock and indignation!! This will not stand without proper compensation!! And the misrepresentation is staggering!! FMIII is not a points giver or a points whore… Ted… let them know they will hear from our attorneys

P.S. Bruce L. … do you want this case? Charlie Fu??

OK - I will go back tomorrow with my camera [stirthepothal.gif]

OK - I will do that. I am sure it will make a big impression. Who knows - it may be another Frank Murray pileon
If they think an endorsement by that bozo will help them sell wine — so be it.

Frank - I’ll give you a better deal than Dietz. I’ll tie it to LeBron’s contract. [highfive.gif]

And I thought PCBs were some of those nasty things that messed up the enviroment in the 70s…you mean Polychlorinated biphenyls?

Look, I don’t give points to anything. I never have, and god willing, never will. They’re useless quantitative assignments of value that only mean something to the assigner. deadhorse

I guess if I put my 2 cents up in a review, it’s fair game. When I get to 2000 TNs in CT, maybe I will drive up to Eric Levine’s house with a metal can, the top of it cut away, and a sign that says “hey man, got syrah?”.

Anyway, so which Novy wine did the PCB guys post my notes on anyway?

Shit, I tell Jill all the time that you rate her 100 points.

I am starting to wonder what forces are at work here. First FCMIII gets a French/Chablis palate and now supposedly point scoring. Hold on, the phone is ringing,“Hello, WHAT!!! It is snowing down there?” NOOOoooOOOOOo hitsfan I see dead wines.

Lies. Hey Nordhoff, I rate the Dr Mrs 101 points. 100 for the score and another 1 point for appropriate margin of error.

They gave him credit…dont see why they couldn’t use it.

Don’t kill the messenger. I can neither confirm nor deny what is being suggested.

Let me talk to the plaintiff IP department, we’re on the case!

Maybe this is answered somewhere in this thread, but I couldn’t find it: who is Frank Murray? [scratch.gif]

Hey now, everybody, let’s not go screwing up a good thing for me here!

FWIW, I was pretty sure I had slipped Frank enough pre-release Novy samples to warrant a number greater than 90 — but I do owe him some 2008s – so maybe he’s holding out on me waiting for those bottles. – Frank, we just finished moving the winery across the parking lot, the bottles will be on their way soon!

[thankyou.gif]

Adam Lee
Siduri & Novy Wines