NYC: Rose bash: May 3rd

This is an annual event for us b/c

1. I used to poopoo Roses and it’s good to remind oneself of being a dolt
  2. I like to have a “buying guide” for annual Rose consumption
  3. It’s real fun

Important note - this is a civilian friendly event, and we invite many Normal People so you must be willing to play nice :wink:

Logistics - We will start about an hour before sunset. Our place uptown. DM for address.

Wines - I’ll be providing the below plus a case of random Roses that I’ll update later. We ask everyone to bring at least two different Roses. In general, the goal is to go very broad and have a mix of simple sippers & complex statements.

No. Rose Champagne is not allowed.

I will provide:
'18 Andremily Rose
'20 Tempier Rose (Mag) - credit to @Joseph_Grassa for introducing me to this fantastic bottling.
'21 Tempier Rose
'22 Tempier Rose
'21 Pascal Cotat Chavignol Rose
'22 Pascal Cotat Chavignol Rose
'20 Tercero Mourvèdre Rosé
'21 Tercero Mourvèdre Rosé
'22 Tercero Mourvèdre Rosé - excited to try @larry_schaffer
'23 Bedrock ‘Ode to Lulu’
'23 Goodfellow Rose

Some posts here that discuss various Roses:
Rose in May - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers
What are the “great” roses you’ve had? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers
Summer Rose - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers
Quality Rose? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers
A brosé bronanza with the brochachos - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Looking forward to locking things down and having a blast!

3 Likes

Julie G & I both intend to be there as long as we don’t have conflicts with the final date. I have a few wines in mind!

Love it, if the date works out I’m down for it.

The best I can promise is not to be too weird.

Given it’s you, Sam, I know what a tremendous effort that will require and will allow.

It’s also conditional on @phil.lukeman behaving himself.

Please keep me updated, I’d love to go if available. I also have a friend, very much into wine, that might accompany. I could bring a Sabelli-Frisch white Zinfandel, which is a serious take on this much maligned category. I might also be able to get my hands on a LdH Rosado Gran Reserva, though promises on that front! Keep me posted!

1 Like

More than happy to provide background data on my roses if desired . . .

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Gavin, my wife and I would be interested depending on the date, sounds like a great time.

1 Like

And I do have a pretty killer special on my roses this weekend :wink:

I would like to come, subject to all the normal qualifications about date and conflicts and client demands and all that crap. I will bring a SQN La Gallinita, which I think I can find and should be a crown pleaser, and how about a 2016 Tercero Mourvedre Rose, which I may still have, just to see how Rose will age!

2 Likes

Would love to come with a +1 if dates work out and there is room. Happy to see a Harlem event. Thinking of bringing out a Mondeuse rosé and maybe a Muscat + Cabernet Sauvignon fizzy wine, both from California (Bien Nacido and Santa Cruz, respectively).

1 Like

If the date is open I’m 100% there! Love me some rose :slight_smile:
Gavin & Nicole are the best hosts!

End of April is busy for me but depending on date I might be able to make it.

1 Like

I’ll be away end of April/beginning of May, but if the date works I’m down!

1 Like

I have some unusual roses and would love to join as my first WB offline! Pls let me know details once finalized!

2 Likes

Do we have a date for this @gavin.f ?

Will be first week of May. Deciding on thurs/fri/sat.

I’m in if its May 2nd (Thursday)

1 Like

In for thu 2 or fri 3. can’t do sat 4

1 Like