NYC: Queens. Tues 12 March 6-9pm. ULTIMATE CHEESE PAIRING: Bring a great bottle, We Match the Cheese!

Bumping this again! Spots still open… Should be an organoleptically excellent evening!

1 Like

Is JayHack+wife still coming? :thinking:

…as far as I know Jay is yes and his wife a maybe…: see above!

OK folks: time to put up what you’re bringing… I’ll be chatting withe the fromagiere soon, so need to plan with him!
If you end up canceling, so be it, we can always take the cheese home, but we can’t eat what we don’t have

Current

@ phil.lukeman Some interesting botrytized wine, including a sauternes.

@ J_a_y_H_a_c_k
Currently: 2011 Cayuse Viognier Cailloux Vineyard or 2015 Ornellaia Sauvignon Blanc Poggio alle Gazze.

@ Juliec
TBD (need more detail!)

@ david_s
TBD

anyone else?

Phil, I am interested but have some questions, let’s talk Monday.

Best,

Hey jeff. Get well soon! If you’re feeling better and up for next tues, let me know!

will be bringing 19 Gunderloch Penttenthal GG and 2016-18 and 2001 Pinot Noir. just to clarify 2-3 wines

Bumping one last time!

1 Like

I am in!

Should have time tomorrow to select a wine or 2 as well. Just me though, Julie G will be away.

excellent! be good to see you. I have a chat with the fromagiere today. gimme a hint - just of style.

Still need to get my hands on the bottles, but planning on Mosel rieslings.

1 Like

Looks like we are lacking reds, so I am thinking these 2.

2016 Gulfi neroBufaleffj (tell him to treat this like a Zin with higher acidity)
2009 Hermanos Perez Pascuas El Pedrosal Reserva (rustic and high acidity Tempranillo)

Excellent!

We have to cancel. I have had a few bad days in a row with crazy blood sugar readings due to very stressful work demands and spending an evening eating cheese (high fat content is a metabolism issue) and wine is a bad plan. :frowning: I am very annoyed because I loved their cheese and charcuterie last time.

Another time, Jay.

Feel better!

Due to the estimable mr hack’s withdrawal, we have space if 1-2 people want to join; just dm me or reply to this thread and lmk what you can bring…

I highly recommend their cheese collection and the Charcuterie ain’t bad. When we were done, I bought lots of stuff to bring home.

What time should we arrive?

We Start at 6

Ive been keeping an eye on this. I like the concept and I’m a fan of ABC. I had 2 schedule conflicts. One resolved and now the other may soon.

I will know more in 60-90 minutes.

It appears that you were striving for style groupings. If that is still the case, it’s unclear to me how to engage wine-wise.

If you don’t mind doing so on spec, please advise how I should consider wine selections. Thx.