NYC - Bubbles

Date: December 18th @ 6:00pm

Had such a great time hosting the Domaine Tempier Tasting last month (Tasting Notes here), that I’ve gotta do another before end of year - and that calls for bubbles!

Wine: Let’s all bring one Great Champagne and sparkling (qpr-ish?) surprise to pair with NYC’s best fried chicken and potato chips for lowbrow meets highbrow fiesta.

Food: My favorite Champagne pairing is fried chicken. The best fried chicken place in NYC, Marcus Samuelsson’s Red Rooster, is close to our home. Will order take-out and have potato chips. We can also have fancy stuff if someone truely can’t live without their caviar.

Location: Will do our home again and dm address when people are confirmed.

Attendees:

Please respond below confirming your Champagne (non-surprise bottle) and that you can make the date. I will add you to the list above. May or may not have to waitlist depending on interest.

3 Likes

Yes!! Very excited for another offline at your place.

In keeping with the '08 horizontal theme, I can bring either an '08 Billecart Elisabeth Salmon or Piper-Heidsieck Rare. Hopefully it’s not corked this time lol

Can do most days in December other than Tuesdays and December 6th and 8th.

1 Like

I’m totally in if I can make the date you choose. Got lot of bubbles to pick from at home :slight_smile:
Few things go better than Champagne and fried chicken.

@PeterB - yay! What are your avails?

1 Like

Fizz. Buzz. Fizzbuzz. Yesh pleash!

For the ’08 about a 2008 Moet et Chandon Grand Vintage?

or (my preference):

NV Abnormal-Cellist Billecart-Salmon Champagne Brut Sous Bois

Oaky oaky oaky, oi oi oi (apparently v.nice, like a ‘baby krug’).

Will reply with dates in a few days…

4 Likes

I won’t know until next week, will post as soon as I do.

1 Like

As long as the date works I’m in! Will update on the bottle but thinking something pink.

Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays in December would be great. Can’t do 12/5, 12/7, 12/19.

Very interested! Red Rooster is one of my accounts so let me know if you need any help with ordering or picking up.

Can do a Dom P 2012 or 2013.

(Fri-Sun wont work definitely though)

1 Like

Definitely interested.
Dec 4 5 and 12 definitely dont work otherwise probably flexible but don’t choose a date based on my schedule…
I can continue 08 theme with a Peters Chetillon or dom rose.

1 Like

Interested, could do '16 ultramarine rose or '08 Paul Bara Comtesse if we want to do 08 theme, or something else.

Out of town 8-17 though so may be tough.

1 Like

Dates that werk for me: Dec 3,4,5,8,9, 10, 17, 21, 28

EDIT: (if before 6 dec, will have to substitute the Sous bois for something else, as thats its ETA. fingers crossed shipping comes early)

1 Like

Interested. Out of town 12/1-3; 16th on. Otherwise, available. Could bring an Egly ouriet VP or something like else tbd.

1 Like

Definitely sounds like a good time, just depends on the date, can’t do the 1st weekend of December.

1 Like

expressing interest. depending on the final date. probably prefer to bring cedric bouchard or emmanuel brochet. can modify to be on theme as needed.

1 Like

You have excellent taste in accounts! Will take you up on that.

What are your dates @Jorge_Henriquez ?

1 Like

Sweetness! What are your avails? I’m going to through everyone’s early next week and make a call.

Some Science should get you hyped for fizz!

Gavin, most weeknights work better than weekends but 12/8 could also work.

1 Like

Final call!

Going to make to pick a date tomorrow based on everyone’s avails.

Anyone who Dm’d me, those still working schedules, those who posted avails and need to update please post here by noon.

Thrilled to do this and ring in a bit of the year with folks.