New York City, aka Manhattan and the boroughs BYO

any recommendations for no or low corkage in williamsburg? on a tuesday? going to a show in february and wanted to bring some good wine to dinner…ideally near union pool on meeker but anywhere nearby would be ideal.

Pecoraro Latteria on metropolitan. I think its $25 but I’d call first. St Anslem also does, but I don’t know their fee.

1 Like

Jupiter is no corkage Sundays

3 Likes

I wonder if it is the same on Sat too: “$35 per bottle, two bottle maximum, Monday- Friday”

Rezdora is now $95

Jungsik recently discounted my corkage to $75. Not sure why.

Some recent experiences

Ci Siamo $35
Scarpetta $35
Jungsik - $75 (they discounted from $150)
Yoshino $150
Tatiana $45
Boqueria UES : $25 (may have been $35)
Via Carota $50
Da’Umberto $50 (they agreed to do $60 per head for a tasting. We had 8 people and 15 bottles).
Hutong $75
Meduza $75
Torien $100

2 Likes

Marea $75 (a great deal versus their wine list pricing, and restaurant was a great scene). On InKind.
Red Farm $35 (I enjoyed the food and ate too much, although I don’t know how often I would come back as a few of the dishes I ordered had very similar flavor profiles). On InKind

1 Like

Jupiter New York just announced no corkage Mondays!

1 Like

Rh Guesthouse Dining room $50 not on the list
Shion 69 Leonard st $125 not on the list

A couple around Hudson Yards:
Butcher & Banker - 481 8th Avenue - $30
Greywind - $45
Kyma - $55
Legacy Records - $75

City Winery - $30
Never been and the corkage fee applies to all their venues (including shows)

a year ago, their (city winery’s) pizza was amongst the worst insults i’ve had in living memory

and I get insulted a lot

1 Like

kind of a secret list but it’s also been picked over and rarely updated but worth checking out, the west side location has some good bottles and inkind is $50 off $100 right now.

1 Like

Lincoln now, $40. I think chef has changed. Larger portions, stick to classic Italian food.

Gaonnuri (Korean BBQ) - $75/bottle and 2 bottles is maximum per reservation.
“If you bring a larger bottle of wine or a high price wine, we may charge differently.” :sweat_smile:

That’s a bizarre policy

Made a rez elsewhere….

We on WB need to more actively support those with reasonable wine corkage policies

$75 a bottle is already a lot. How much more they want to charge if you brought an expensive bottle? For $75 fee I think I would be bringing an expensive bottle.

If you can afford to drink wine, tip 30% and pay up! Stop complaining….! Or go elsewhere (what I did).